• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Sata II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewmister

I am eventually building a new comp with the DFI nfr SLI-DR which has support for sata II, but I am not sure which drive is best.

What are the current best / fastest SATA II drives... I hear SATA II may perform better than even the Raptors... Any products and reviews out that show this? If the time comes and i am unsatisfied I will just go with a 74 gig raptor, any suggestions?

There's a review floating around that pits the new Maxtor DM10/Maxline III drives against the raptors. It was pretty even, but I think the Maxtor drives w/ 16Mb cache came out ahead in several tests and they have a cost per Gb that's less than 25% of the raptor's. I'll try to dig that up if you're interested.

Here is the one I was thinking of:

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=diamondmax10&page=1

wonder where the SATA II will be by mid march... not enough money for raid setup and in that case it looks like the raptors outperform in load times... We'll see...

Back