• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like the omega drivers. They seem fast, stable, and with great image quality.

thanks you guys but how can the drivers actually make such a difference i`m wondering?? as its the hardware specifications that you`re normally looking out for???? :bang head

This is a hardware & software solution. Poorly optimized drivers can drag down even the best hardware as well as causing crashes and video artifacts.

Np. Give those omega 4.12 drivers a crack I'm sure you'll be happy.

Wow they are nice drivers m8 thanks :clap: ut2k4 is running with some nice Frames Per second :D

btw along with the drivers came something called "radlinker" with the core and memory speeds option. Can this be used to overclock by simply turning them up and if so wot precautions should i take :D

Many thanks. Ross

My Clock Core speed is 378Mhz and my Clock Memory speeds is 337.50Mhz is this normal and can it be overclocked using this "radlinker" tool and how safe is this :eh?:

Ah the excitement begins :D

Just tested my max core on radlinker :D its at 400mhz so far so should i set it to that or would this be unsafe ?? Also its saying i should turn off anti aliasing if it is on so is this important ? :beer:

Performance is better with AA off. It can improve image quality, sometimes fairly dramatically.

ive used both the omegas and catalysts and havent noticed much of difference in gaming or benchmarking performance

I think omega would consider that a victory then. The omega drivers were created to improve image quality & stability w/o causing performance to tank.

Hey TimoneX did you get ure Radeon 9800Pro to those clock speeds using any sort of cooling or just the standard "stock" cooling that comes with the card as i am almost at 400/350 now using only stock and i`m not sure if i should go any further :drool: (ah the possibilities :clap:)

I have encountered no artifacts and UT2k4 is definately getting me some more FPS which is awesome :D I`ll probably reinstall FarCry again soon (only completed it about 10 times on every level except Veteren) and see those gorgeous graphics in action

Oh i`ve just noticed in your sig you have ure Radeon 9800pro @ XT does this mean you just flashed the pro Bios to XT bios and i would love to do this and have read a lot into it but never plucked up the courage to do this is it safe enough??

Nah I stuck a big alpha cooler to the GPU and tossed some ramsinks on there. Had artifacts with the cruddy stock cooler. The bios flash is fine as long as the card can do 412/365 and you're flashing to the appropriate bios. I wouldn't advise it with stock cooling either since it's probably not going to be adequate. If you decide to give the bios flash a crack at least make sure you have a PCI vid card on hand to bail you out if something goes amiss.

Lol thanks man i`m still quite happy with the radlinker tool i got with the Omega drivers which allowed me to up Clock speeds :) so that should keep me entertained and i`ll have a look into that fan you`re using so i can up the Clocks safely even more :)

Back