• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RHARLE10

Hey guys i have a 9800pro here 128mb 256bit with ATI tool installed and Omega drivers. I was thinking of upping the Clock Core speeds and the CLock memory speeds using the Omega Drivers i think just now they`re at 378mhz and 337.5mhz could i up this safely to 400mhz and 380/390mhz with stock cooling??

Thanks.

if yours will oc that far without artifacting go for it, the atitool will tell you the artifacts. However better cooling = less artifacts which may lead to a higher oc. Artic Cooling VGA Silencer or the Zalman gpu cooler are excellent choices

My arctic cooler did little for my OC, but it did make things quieter. Ramsinks made a big difference on the memory.

Try Using ATi tool to test ur overclock for artifacts with stock cooling and report back with ur temps & clock speeds

Primu$

Hey man thanks for the advice i have tested the clock core and clock memory speed and have had them up 400/350mhz with no probs whatsoever :clap:

If cooling on your graphics card is similiar to ones that canbe found on 9700 - it's total crap. Silencer will improve your OC. You might try Silencer rev 3 or proper ATI Silencer.
You may consider some lapping, especially if you buy rev3.

Back