• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

musawi

Well I got my 3.4 Ghz Proc working and I feel good about myself although the voltage looks quite low on it. Is it low or is it normal?

Attachments

• 3.4.JPG
    3.4.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Abit mobos tend to undervolt a little, especially with the Prescott. I would bump up the vcore a little to bring the voltage up to default at least.

Oh ok, is default 1.3 ?

I am going to keep it at stock for 1 or 2 months before I start ocing cause I don't see the need for ocing atm.

So if I leave it at stock for now, would it be fine or do I NEED to increase the voltage?

Also it is idling at 46 degrees, normal or HOT ?

Go into the BIOS and see what the lowest vcore setting is... that will be default... it varies depending on individual CPU from 1.3425v to 1.4v. If you are going to run at default speed, just bump up the vcore one notch and check for stability. It will be ok running a little low at default speed.

If it runs Source for a couple of hours, its stable enough for me! Its at 46C so bumping v core I wouldn't feel confident in doing and it is only been on for like 3 hours after all that hassle with the bent pins (mentioned in other thread)

Hi musawi -

If your sig is accurate, you're running an S478 3.4 Prescott & TCCD RAM. The 3.4 will 14X-multi (PRB=1) if your board & BIOS support it (all my Asus' do), & the TCCD usually can run high as the sky, 1:1, w/minimal Vdimm & good timings.

If you don't want to OC, ATM, you might consider using the lower multi & gettting some nice b/w by crankin' the FSB to put you back at 3.4. Usually good for a bit more snap in your system (you MAY need a single Vcore bump using the lower multi, but it's not written-in-stone).

BTW - I wouldn't worry 'bout overvolting a Pressy while OC'ing. You'll probably take out the mobo or PSU before the freakin' Pressy!

Strat

I think I will keep it at 3.4 Ghz for now, and do some ocing in the future but thanks for the input!

Back