• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The mod's from CHEAPO-LAND!(56k'ers beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EWBatOVAclockin

Alright guys this will be a walkthrough of the improvments that needed to be made to my ghetto comp. Not really a hole lot that I did but just enough to keep me happy for now :) . So with no further adu, the "Beginning".

Alright the first thing I did was take off the panels and tied up some wires with tie wraps and adjust any of my current wires.
The next thing I did was cut out some foam board to fit nice in my motherboard. I also put some UV highlighter on it for it to have a nice UV shine. I also had to make a hole for a switch to my cold cathodes.
I also decided to cut out my fan grills to get some better airflow :clap: . I know it looks ghetto but all I had was wire clippers.
Now last but not least I did a mod that I found on this forum and decided to see how it would work because I'm about to get a new Aero 7 lite anyhow. I also decided to put some artic ceramique on my north bridge.

In conclusion the mods I know defiantly help with airflow. But the Foam board mod and the Cerial box mod didn't end up to work to well. My temps before were: Idle 31/Load 58, and now the temps with the mods are: Idle 32/Load 58-59. But maybe those mods were intented for other HSF other than a stock heatsink and fan :-/ . But overall it did give it a good new look. So I might try this all again whenever I get my new video card and heatsink. Hope you enjoyed my CHEAPO-LAND mod because I know I did :santa2: .

PEACE

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 247
  • fda.JPG
    fda.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 204
  • fdaf.JPG
    fdaf.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 194
  • as.JPG
    as.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 183
Some more pics..........

Attachments

• fdafadfa.JPG
    fdafadfa.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 127
  • fdafa.JPG
    fdafa.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 120
  • fd.JPG
    fd.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 120
  • assdf.JPG
    assdf.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 123
  • fdasfa.JPG
    fdasfa.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 122
Why thank you, I will probably post another update on how these things perfom when I get my new supplies. But until then its still going to be done the cheap way, which isn't all that bad. :rolleyes:

PEACE

Ha, well this site wouldn't let me upload any of pictures so I thought I'd do some trial and error to see if the names had anything to do with it. But I guess it was just the site at the time. And I didn't bother to rename them because, well........you have pictures no need for titles. And I usually always name my files like that lol I guess you can say I'm lazy :rolleyes: . Thanks for your comments....MUCHO APPRECIATED

PEACE

I tend to do that with my pictures, as well... slap random keys on the keyboard and use what comes up. Somehow, though, fghj appear most often, even if I do it unintentionally.

Odd..

Yea, I had to name all of the pictures I took and I used that method. Somehow I got fsdasda twice. Weird how that stuff happens :clap: .
Thanks again for the comments, any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

PEACE

yeah ghetto mods!
ive done a few in my time...my latest being a voltmod done without any solder at all, just wires, clips, hotglue and skill :)

Heh, nice...BUT

i want to see pics of that drum set man! i saw the word " TAMA " and that caught my attention before the computer itself did.

you have a pic or two of the drum set????

damn dude, nice Drum set!

how much did that thing cost in total!

I wished my set looked like that!!!

uh...nice computer too ( keeping this a a computer discussion, heh )

how good are ya on drums?

i still suck, no time to practice, i need a new Crash ( mine sounds horrible, i don't even use it to practice, cause its so bad )

Ha, thanks man. Um I have no clue how much that thing cost, like the original set but I can kinda give you a estimate. Eh, it's kinda on the lines of 600 for all of the upgrades. So thats excluding the price of the original set itself. Ha I use to say I wish my set looked that too, but about other drumsets. But now I'm content with it right now, learned that too much stuff just gets to be too much and is also better for playing shows with a small drumming area. All in all a smaller drumset lets you be more creative with your drumming rather than having to worry about were your hands are going. Eh, never said "Oh I'm as good as this guy" so I dont know how good I am. I can tell you I've been playin for around 7 years and with one being with drums lessons. Lol I havnt been practicing much but to me it hasnt affected anything much any ways unless you dont have the basics down.

PEACE

Back