• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any info on this fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

douglasb

It was pulled from a Cooler Master XDream II (HAC-L82) when I replaced it with a Sanyo-Denki. It has two sets of codes on the back. Top one is: MGT8012MS-A25 and bottom one is: A8025-22CB-3AN-PI. I Googled it trying to look up some specs on it (mainly how much air it pushes), because it is extremely quiet, and I was thinking about replacing a case fan with it. The only thing I found was some German site with a dead link on it. Anybody out there know anything about this fan?

douglasb said:
It was pulled from a Cooler Master XDream II (HAC-L82) when I replaced it with a Sanyo-Denki. It has two sets of codes on the back. Top one is: MGT8012MS-A25 and bottom one is: A8025-22CB-3AN-PI. I Googled it trying to look up some specs on it (mainly how much air it pushes), because it is extremely quiet, and I was thinking about replacing a case fan with it. The only thing I found was some German site with a dead link on it. Anybody out there know anything about this fan?

I think it may be a mechatronics fan. The majority of the part numbers match up to the second number.

Mechatronics DC Part Number System

That's a hard one... I've come up with two names searching in google for "MGT8012MS". One is "magic", the other is "Coolermaster". Couldn't find anything else... If I understand things correct it was taken from a Coolermaster case. My guess would be coolermaster, but I can't find any more info.

DaWiper said:
That's a hard one... I've come up with two names searching in google for "MGT8012MS". One is "magic", the other is "Coolermaster". Couldn't find anything else... If I understand things correct it was taken from a Coolermaster case. My guess would be coolermaster, but I can't find any more info.

That's the same info I found through Google. The XDream II is a CPU cooler. Not sure if this fan is also used in Cooler Master cases.

Protechnic is the company

The MGT8012MS (and similar) is made by Protechnic. The url is http://www.rotechnic.net

Each letter and number in the serial number has meaning (you can find all the variations on their website). Look under Products, then DC Fans.

Description Model No.: MG(a)(bb)(cc)(d)(e)-(f)(gg)

(a) - Electric Characteristics: A - Standard 2-Pin; T - Frequency Generation 3-Pin
(bb)- Fan Dimension: 30 - 30x30mm; 40 - 40x40mm ..etc
(cc)- Voltage: 05 - 5V DC; 12 - 12V DC; 24 - 24V DC; 48 - 48V DC;
(d) - Speed: L - Low Speed;M - Medium Speed;H - High Speed;X - Very High Speed;Y - Most High Speed;Z - Extremely High Speed;U - Ultra High Speed;
(e)- Bearing Type: B - Two-Ball Bearings; C - One-Ball and One-Sleeve Bearing; R - Rifle Bearing; S - Sleeve Bearing;
(f)- Function: A - None Automatic Restart; O - Automatic Restart and Locked Current Protection; R - Rotate Detection Automatic Restart and Locked Current Protection; S - Thermo-Control Speed Automatic Restart and Locked Current Protection;
(gg)- Thickness: 38 - 38mm; 32 - 32mm; 28 - 28mm; 25 - 25mm .. etc

You can find CFM and noise specs there as well.

Thanks for the info. Too bad their site sucks and I don't have an hour to kill to look up my fan. They have no search function, and they must have at least 500 different fan models.

Back