• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI/AGP Locks (cant find PCI)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phosphoros

Registered
ok so i finally decided to overclock now that i got my xp-90 and a tornado/fan controller, and i know that u can lock the agp freq by putting it at 67 on older bios, and leaving it at 66 on 1.2 or newer, but the guides ive read didn't mention the pci lock.

how do i lock the PCI freq? i believe its in the cell menu, but even after loading the hidden options with shift-f2/alft-f3 (is it just me or is the shift-f2 useless? cause it loads the options with just aft-f3 for me) but i dont see any mention of PCI freq locks, but maybe im just blind. what setting is it under?

i think if the agp is locked at 66 then the PCI is locked at 33 also

after checking the 1.4 bios i've only seen a PCI Option that can Enable or Disable, but it refers to clocks so im assuming this much:

Enabled: it sets the frequency automatically according to the FSB Freq (BAD)
Disabled: locks the pci frequency at 33?

if this is incorrect, or there is a better way to lock the pci freq, please dont be shy to help me, i'd appreciate it. :D

Last edited:
The pci is locked at half the speed of the agp, so having set the agp at 66 the pci is locked. The other feature in the hidden bios you refer to, which refers to searching for pci devices should be enabled. All it does is once all of the pci devices are located it turns off the electrical pulses going to the empty slots. If left disabled the board will waste a small amount of resources with all pci slots enabled. It can also cause electrical interference between slots. Despite this concern it's not a big deal either way, but it's better to keep it enabled.

Back