• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800xt PE overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

hey,

I got my x800xt pe card today and have been attempting to overclock it. I have some issues though.

I started benching with 3dmark 05 and got to:
573/600 stable:
(benched at these speeds many times without any probs)
oc6.jpg

Then I went to 3dmark 03 and started hitting probs:
max stable core: 560 (any higher would crash my pc)
max stable mem:587 (any higher would create distortions in the benchie)

oc8.jpg

Why do i have probs with 3dmark 03 and not 3dmark 05??? Any ideas?

temps are fine: 35C idle, 55C load

Last edited:
Probably just a more demanding test, i've seen this same type thing on my card.

Mod the card, you'll gain some serious points/MHz. I just had mine done cheap (i can't solder :p) and it was well worth it. Went from 560/570 to 650/601, this is on a Non-PE card too.

Vio1 said:
any guides around?

Are the mods worth it? Do you notice a real speed improvement?

I had it done by someone, but i'm sure there are many guides.

Did you read the last post? I posted that i went from a max clock (with Silencer) of 560/570 to a clock of 650/601. I would say that's a pretty nice gain in performance. (non-PE card)

I meant did you notice any real world improvements?

How much did it cost you to get someone to do the mods for you?

Vio1 said:
I meant did you notice any real world improvements?

How much did it cost you to get someone to do the mods for you?

Better frame rates all the way around (benchmarks and games). I had it done for $40USD, and i covered shipping both ways. Very good work too might i add, i'll post some pics if you're interested, just need to take them first :p

What were clocks? That's a really really weak gfx score. Something is not right, that should be over 13K.

Im also interested in getting someone to volt mod my card. I have awesome non-modded ram clocks...I would love to see what it does with some extra volts. Can you PM me with some info and pics also? Is it safe to have a little extra volts if you are just using air cooling? I have the ATI silencer 4 on my card.

NinjaWreck said:
Im also interested in getting someone to volt mod my card. I have awesome non-modded ram clocks...I would love to see what it does with some extra volts. Can you PM me with some info and pics also? Is it safe to have a little extra volts if you are just using air cooling? I have the ATI silencer 4 on my card.

ygpm

Sucka said:
Thanks, very professional looking. Are those all adjustable? If so that is a really sick job.

Vio1, nice scores on 3Dmark btw. Glad you got things resolved with the video card.

Last edited:
NinjaWreck said:
Thanks, very professional looking. Are those all adjustable? If so that is a really sick job.

Yes, adjustable. Very professional work indeed. DO THE MODS ASAP, well worth it. Let him know i refered you, he wanted me to tell everyone :p :beer:

Back