• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racrewchief

I am trying to build my first computer and was wondering if anyone might have a few pointers on which mother board i should buy. I am purchasing an Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 550 3.4 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache for my processor. I have narrowed down my choices for a mother to 3 different ones- ABIT "Fatality AA8XE" 925XE, ASUS "P5AD2-E Premium" I925XE, or DFI " LANPARTY UT 915P-T12" 915P. I was wondering which one ya'll thought would be the best for over-clocking that processor.

do you plan to do some overclocking?

I own the Fatal1ty board so naturally I'm more biased towards this board. But This board was basically built with the intentions for overclocking. And it's probably one of the best gaming boards out there for Intel. I don't know a whole lot about those other boards.

The Fatal1ty mobo is just a fancy Abit AA8XE. I have the regular AA8XE and I love it (I have a sticky post about it in the Abit motherboard section). The Asus P5AD2-E is also a good mobo although it's more expensive.

Back