• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do i have all drivers for neo2 platinum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Alright i bought a refurbed k8n neo2 platinum board and obviously it came with no driver disk so i downloaded, from the msi sight, the system and chipset drivers, lan drivers, audio drivers, and sata drivers.

Question1- The sata driver has a bunch of stuff in it, do i just burn all of that to a floppy and then im good? Im talking about when installing windows and it says press f6 to setup a sata drive.

Question2- The only drivers that had a "setup.exe" in it was system and chipset and the audio driver. Do i just load both those and then im good? Will the lan drivers be installed with the system and chipset, otherwise it was just some text that im guessing i have to insert it somewhere.

the nVidia drivers for the chipset can be found anywheere. I prefer to use the latest betas from www.guru3d.com. Nforce drivers work for all chipsets, makes and modles.

And yes the setup.exe has everything you seek

You don't need special sata drivers on an nF3 board as the controller is built into the chipset, not an ad on as in nF2. You only need extra drivers for raid, otherwise you just install the driver package as it exist. Good luck.

Well guess what nothing, i plugged in the card and no signal. The stinking agp slot is dead, not the card because i plugged it into another system and it worked. Does newegg replaced a refurbished board that doesnt work?

I believe that is the only reason they will replace a refurbished item. You sure it's in the slot all the way? (Not to insult you, but we all screw things up at one time or another)

Yea i made sure it was in all the way, and then i even took all of the parts out and put them on my table and did it there but still no luck, well hopefully newegg will either give me a refund or a new refurbed one or something.

my first board had agp issues to , guess its not just an isolated incident

Back