• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Invisible Files!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

This is sort of a wierd problem.

Let me first explain the network. I can access my servers apache directory through \\server\c\appserv\www. Both computers are running XP Pro SP2. Both computers are set to view all files (hidden and system).

Here's the problem: I moved a directory (contains index.html and images directory full of page images) to my www folder. I can access the files/folders through apache, and if I type the address in Windows Explorer (\\server\c\appserv\www\newpage\index.html), I can see the individual files. But when I am viewing the directory through Windows, it shows a completely empty folder. It's as if the contents are hidden (but they are not). The folder size is listed as 0KB, when I know for a fact that there are files in there.

Now if that is confusing enough- here's where it gets really tricky. I decided to see if I could add 2 image files to the directory to see what would happen. The result: The index.html file and the images folder finally appeared. But the two image files that I just added have disappeared.

It's so confusing. Anyone know what the heck is going on?

I should also note that if I am physically on the server, I can view the directory, and all the contents show up perfectly (same if I am connecting through RDC). It just happens when I try to view the files through the network.

Back