• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone give me advice??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EWBatOVAclockin

Ok, I finally got some money and need to buy a new HSF. I was jsut searching around newegg and saw this one. It only had one review and I havnt had time to look for reviews on it. So I came here were help is always possible :clap: . So have you any of you had any past experience or have any recomendations with this HSF. I only want to spend aroudn 30 bucks or below including shipping and handling. And if I bought this HSF should I buy a better fan with more airflow. I don't care about noise just want it too cool well. Thanks in advance.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-051&depa=0

PEACE

It doesn't look good in my opinion. I haven't read any reviews of it, but it won't get my vote.
Price of Freezer4, where Yuriman bought his Freezer64 was around $22 last time I checked. I wonder if you can get anything better for this price.

If you have to buy another fan you are cutting into your budget. It would be better to get a higher quality heatsink than to pay for two fans.

But doesn't that first review look good. Man, that idle and load looks wonderful and his is overclock pretty good. Mine is a 2.6 that hopefully I will get to 3.4 so thats basically the same as his but I didn't overclock that much. And w/ 40 Load? While overclockin? That really caught my eye. But everytime I mention another HSF yall always direct me back to the arctic freezer.....I really didn't want something that big BUT if you guys can tell me just how good it cools then maybe I'll reconsider. Thanks in advance for the help.

PEACE

If you want a 800 MhZ OC on air. Then you have got to use a Good Cooler. The CPU HS is the last thing you skimp on especially if you are OCing. How much do you plan on spending and we will see what we can do to get you the best setup for the amount of money you want to spend.

Do not put too much stock into one persons review. Everyone’s system is different and this person might have gotten lucky. Perhaps, this person has some connection or interest in the company that makes it. Even online reviews are tainted by the influence of money. Also, you can always get a few people who think crap is wonderful. I'm not saying this product is bad because I really don't know. I'm just saying caveat emptor. (buyer beware!)

Alright well I want something that will keep my [email protected] hopefully cool. And I don't want to spend more than 30 bucks including shipping. I already have an extra fan that I forgot about so if it doesn't come with a 80mm fan thats fine. But if its bigger than a 80 than I'll to see it first. Thanks for helping. :clap:

PEACE

You could always spend about 15 bucks more and get an thermalright xp-90 and this : http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-108&depa=0 fan, i currently have one of those fans and it works great. I've noticed that the xp90 at newegg is super expensive, crazy pc has it for 39.99 : http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50960 and i know crazy pc is good, i have ordered from them in the past and it was a good experience. Good luck with your purchase.

I have looked at every website that I know of and I cannot find anything in that price range that I would recommend for that kind of OC.

It is unfortunate that you are on such a tight budget since the jump to the really good HS start at around $40.00. I would suggest that if you are serious about getting that OC then you hold off till you have another $15 or so to spend. I would hate to see you waste your money on something that is marginal at best and regret it later. Just my 2 cents.

If you must buy it today I did find this on ebay. The SP-94 is still one of the Best HSs on the market. They don't make them anymore since they came out with the XP-90. I would take an SP-94 over an XP-90 anyday. Which is why I still have my old one safely tucked away for future use. Want to know how good it performs take a look at this review of P4 heatsinks. I think for the money this is the best you are going to find.

It can use any 80 or 92mm fan in that is either 25 or 38mm thick. So If you have one laying around you can use what you have for now. and buy a better one later. They are held on by metal clips that you can interchange depending on the fan size and thickness.

Here is a pic of my old setup with my SP-94 installed.

Old_Setup.JPG

The_Old_HS.JPG

That is not a bad price I spent nearly $50 for a new one last year.

EWBatOVAclockin said:
What kind of temps did you get and what were you running at?? I'm about to start seeing if I can get this thing right now.

PEACE

Well I did have a 92mm Tornado (119 CFM, Loud and Powerful) on it so that will skew my results from what others may get. Also you may have noticed that I live in Florida so my ambient temps are not the best around here. Also I am using an ABIT board which always report temps 6-10 C above actual. Let me just say that my temps from idle to load never differed by more then 5 C. At the time I was running a P4 2.8 at 3.5. According to my ABIT software I would run at 43 C idle and 48 C full load using prime 95 running in-place large FFTs (Maximum heat)

Ok, I just registered and asked him how much shipping and what will come with it. I also rember extremovaclocka told me he had a zalman 7000cu. And he had a [email protected] which he said idled at 21 and 25 loaded :drool: . I havnt done any searches for what kind of price I can get for the zalman but last time I checked they were 30$. Srry if I keep switching HSF I just want to get the best for what I'm spending. Thanks

PEACE

Absolutely just don't take individuals temps as the gospel. If I had the same setup on an ASUS board my temps would have been about 15 C lower. That doesn't mean they are right though.

Read here

This will explain a lot

Back