• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will Black Ice Pro Radiator fit in a 5 1/4" bay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZenTrickz

Registered
Just wondering if anyone knows if the width on the:
Black Ice Pro II Dual 120mm Radiator
will fit inside the 5 1/4" bays. I plan to mount in to the roof of my dragon tower. When I was doing my measurements I found that a good portion of the radiator will have to sit inside the 5 1/4" bay.

Thanks ahead of time

sandman001 said:
It's 5.9" wide, as stated on the site.

1 inch = 2.54 centimeters if im correct. so that makes 5 /14 " = 133 and some change. if i am right it should just barely fit

Bender222 said:
1 inch = 2.54 centimeters if im correct. so that makes 5 /14 " = 133 and some change. if i am right it should just barely fit
If it's a 5 1/4" drive (read: 5.25 inch) and the radiator is 5.9 inches = it is 0.65 inches too large to fit. Why on earth would you bring centimeters in to this?

The rad fits. I have a BIP2 safely snugged in my 5 1/4 bays.

fc7a83ca.jpg

http://pat8703.kicks-***.net:3097/Web/ocforums%20pictures/pat3.JPG

pwnt by pat,
do you have any more pics of the mounting/fans for your BIP2? also, what direction do you have the air flow?
Thanks

if the width of the read is the same as the BIX2 (I believe it is) then yes, it will fit fine. I have 2 mounted on a Lian-Li PC7 and there is plenty of space between the rad and the rails.

the measurements are off a bit. same sites say 5.9 and some say 5. Most sites list the width as 133 mm. basicly 13.3 centimeters (133 mm) is 5.24 inches so you should have just enough room to place it. un midtower lianli case it is important vecause of the metal walls that run across the topp of the cases

crimedog, i was jsut getitng ready to take a similar pic, although i was gonna use my BIX3 and antec case. just make sure there isnt anything in the way that holds drive cages to the top panel or anything strange like that. might also end up bending the little thingies that seem to form a shelf for the drive to sit on, if your case has them.

four4875 said:
just make sure there isnt anything in the way that holds drive cages to the top panel or anything strange like that.
never seen that on any case
four4875 said:
might also end up bending the little thingies that seem to form a shelf for the drive to sit on, if your case has them.
that takes way way too much pressure for a bix8 to do

Back