• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will new mem help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highlander

Having serious issues getting over ~ 230 fsb 1t atm, seems to be a problem with 3v vdimm required. Can get 235, but need to run an 8* multi which is kinda pointless...
Getting a gig of PQI turbo, thats done 260 2.5,3,3,x (2.6v, 1t) on the neo2 and a 3500, so hoping for similar... Based on the issues i've had with this memory (OCZ EL and Adata 450, both of which need 3v to do 230) will i have similar problems with the PQI? Running single channel is no problem, have run 300 5/4 without a hitch so i know hi htt is possible.... Or is this just a REALLY sucky mem controller?

My guess is it's the ram and the board, but the new ram should help. Everyone knows the msi is a ram fusspot so, maybe your ram would cut it on another board. Hopefully, the PQI will cut it. The newer ram has been optimized to work better with the nF3 buns... I mean boards. (Sorry, I was distracted by your avatar!)

Hopefully it will..
Ok, removed booster running 265 5:4 atm, 1.5v+10% 10* and its priming ok so far :D fingers crossed it'll go for a bit longer.... 1:1 that'd be ideal :D

Back