• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Usps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

The United State Postal Service has got to be the worst at delivery packages, at least that is my experience as of late. And I try to track a package and the damn thing hasn't been updated for 5 days, wth is that! :mad:

The only reliable carrier I have used is Federal Express, thank goodness places like Newegg use them. :clap:

NiTrO bOiE said:
AFAIK, package tracking only works once it gets delivered.

D'oh...didn't know that...makes me feel stupid. :D
Although what is the use of tracking if you can't keep "track" of a package? :-/

Everything that I have ever ordered or sent using USPS has always arrived early or on time, plus I like the fact that they don't deliver after 5 like UPS and FedEx do in my city. The tracking thing is kinda annoying tho, although it updates really fast once it is delivered.

The tracking the USPS can be annoying, sometimes it will update during mid trip, but most times you just get a DELIVERED update. For the money though, USPS is pretty good.

cornbread said:
The United State Postal Service has got to be the worst at delivery packages, at least that is my experience as of late. And I try to track a package and the damn thing hasn't been updated for 5 days, wth is that! :mad:

The only reliable carrier I have used is Federal Express, thank goodness places like Newegg use them. :clap:

What services are you using to deliver packages? USPS offers tracking on express mail only. Everything else is delivery confirmation.

Personally, I can't stand FedEx. Too many times I've been stuck waiting out the weekend because FedEx won't deliver on Saturdays.

USPS has lost two of my packages from stuff I ordered on Amazon.com. Plus they are very slow. It took me over a week to get a DVD from Pennsylvania.

DrSlinky said:
What services are you using to deliver packages? USPS offers tracking on express mail only. Everything else is delivery confirmation.

I was getting 2 packages Delivered from Xoxide. One showed up today. Funny thing is the package I ordered first, a day before is still not here, the last package arrived first. :D

cornbread said:

Yea ive had plenty of issues with USPS and loathe using them

Usually everything goes smooth for me except this last time.I sent something out to colorado like 5 days ago and still didnt arrive.Supposed to be 4 days Max with priority mail.

See what happens, you say something negative about big brother USPS & they ruin mailing through them for life. I have had nothing but good luck, Priority 2-Day is blazing fast. Runner up Fed Ex Super Saver, now the whole "Overnight" thinh is questionable. :rolleyes: Tracking isn't instant on USPS either

i use USPS as much as possible, they are cheap and fast. the only bad thing about them is their tracking, but if you have any patience at all it's not a big deal.

I love USPS. Never had one problem yet. They now offer this 24/7, "ship when you want" deal. At least where I'm at they do. It weighs your package, prints the tag for your package, let's you pay via credit/debit card.

As for tracking, it's great & all but I've learned that you can pretty much expect your package with in 2-3 days via priority mail. As long as my package makes it, I don't care about tracking it.

Priority mail is very good for small, non fragile or inexpensive stuff. Usually 3 days max across country.
I think actual UPS type tracking is only available for express mail. Otherwise for things like insurance and delivery confirmation, its only scanned at the beginning and when delivered.

cornbread said:
I just received the package today, some Priority Mail huh.

Just look at the ship date though.

Sometimes people or companies don't ship it even after giving a delivery confirmation number.

In theory, but as even USPS has no clue where a USPS package is unless it makes it all the way to its destination the "update" consists of re-posting when and where it was sent. If tracking is an issue to you, USPS is useless.

Back