• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
are you wanting to put a pc in that? that's a VERY bad idea. Refridgerators are GREAT insulators, and you would be putting a lot of heat out into it.

FYI, those little fridges use peltier's last I checked. So you can just pick up a good peltier instead of getting the whole fridge thing.

As for it working...I'm going to so it's not worth your time. It's designed to cool a small sealed area, not a bunch of incoming air. Also, if you think about the peltier itself, it's going to have a cold side, but your also going to have to cool the hot side somehow.

For this theory you'd be better off buying a mini fridge that actually uses fridge technology.

what I wanted to do was to dissamble (getting rid of the case and stuff) that fridge and build the parts inside the chassis

So basicly get a cheap pelter? I would THINK that getting one tried and proven would be easier/cheaper...

The only way I would want to use a fridge is to use it as a water cooler. Plus, you can still use it for drinks. :)

AH...... yeah... put your resevoir in it! Have it running chilled all the time (not frozen, but VERY COLD)... so that whenever you run your cpu... it will be VERY cool. watch for condensation though....

hmmmmm true, 20-25'C under ambient, that's about 2-5'C

lol, i guess it is too cold for the computer... lol

If you look at the specs, it says it draws about 72W power. That should mean that it can have something like 60W og actual cooling power, under ideal conditions? Running a watercooler, you'll never get such a low wattage. Pump, heating by ambient on te tubes, and then CPU can easily add up to 100W heat.

If you put 100w of heat into something that can deliver 60w of cooling you got a disaster on your hands..

One thing I'll say about those mini-fridges is that a lot of them can only be turned on for a set period before they have to be turned off, like 4-6 hours or something. So watch out.

A fridge is good at cooling things that do not generate heat like a can of coke. I don't think putting a pc in one would be a good idea. however were you to get some freon thing instead of a peltier fridge it might wurk, but then yuo're looking at $100-$200. But you can still throw the drinks in it. :):thup:

Bios24 said:
FYI, those little fridges use peltier's last I checked. So you can just pick up a good peltier instead of getting the whole fridge thing.

>>>>>>>>>.

For this theory you'd be better off buying a mini fridge that actually uses fridge technology.

Agree 100%. Those little peltier fridges are quite weak. Good for keeping
a six pack cool on a hot day, that's about it.

Back