• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases cases cases...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrappyBox

Registered
Hi there, i am building my first rig and am looking for a case :) sorry i have already posted a similar thread...i just couldnt get it right :p i was looking for a good looking case with 120mm fan support...now i have decided that 120mm fans are not SO important (they wont have a HUGE impact on noise will thy???). I also decided i want something fairly plain looking as once I have this thing built i might like to try my hand at modding the case :) I want a black case and was looking at the following types of cases, are they good?
http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?...67&PHPSESSID=0278a2cc0f43906579a8d01e9bd82756
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...erial=PAC-T01&other_title=+PAC-T01+Praetorian

also on another note, the PSU i am thinking on getting is the Antec NeoPower 480W, is this a good PSU i want to do some pretty serious OCing, i cant seem to find things like OCZ, Fortron and PCP&C here in New Zealand...i think i can find some Fortrons if i shop around, but will the Antec be a good supply for OCing?
Thanx for help you guys are always quick and helpful and i really apreciate it! :)

Both of those cases are fine cases. Personally i find lian li to be overpriced considering the build quality and in comparison to other brands but it's still a very nice case and popular amoung a lot of folks. Cooler master makes some nice housings also. If that PSU is the best you can find then go for it. It should be fine for moderate overclocks on a pretty beefy system. Something like a fortron AX500 might be better but we have to use what we can get right ? ;)

good luck!

J.

i love lian-li and coolermaster. I have one of each, a 1000 and a wave master. The antec should be good, the true power line was very good to me running a p4 2.8 overclocked and a 9800xt graphics card. good luck!

Back