• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any 6600gt bioses ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

looking to flash my card any available ??

does anyone have the LeadTek PX6600GT Extreme Version ?

if so could you do a bios dump and send or post it here !

thanks !!

kind of a stoopid question why would you want the leadtek extream verson.. dont they have the 1.6 rams.? or what is the diff. in cards.? i am asking b/c i dont knwo not to be a smart a$$

Newer version...higher clocks....tighter mem timings who knows. :p

The latest 6600GT bios I've seen is 5.43.02.46.01

flashed ok to extreme edition .. seems to be alot better bios.. optimal detect from nvidia is higher now (not that it means my overall highest overclock will increase)..

next i will edit voltages and see what this can really do ..

how high have you heard anyone taking there voltages too on these cards ??

forgot to mention that i had to force subsystem id mismatch flash..

nvflash -6 (filename).rom

:eh?: ummm lol ok i guessi am really confused about bios of the vid cards and stuff i mean how do ya get to them.? and what all can ya do with them>> lol

You generally flash them from a bootable floppy or CD using a flash utility program. atiflash...nvflash...etc. They generally contain the manufacturer info, default clocks, memory timings and the like. Messing with them can be hazzardous to your vid cards health particularly if you don't have a backup plan. If you flash an incompatible bios for instance the card won't display and you'll be stuck untill you can dig up another card to boot with and flash back.

yes be sure you know what your doing before you attemp it ..

now all i have to do is figure out how to reach 1.5 volts .. i know i could get alot more out with just a little bump.. all i want is a 600 core lol ..

Sure sure. :)

You use a VOM to detect resistance whilst adding layers of graphite. There's a link aorund here...lemme see.

Back