• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600GT vs 9800XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I dont know much about the graphics scene with all the new pci express cards out now, so wondered how the 6600gt compaired to the 9800XT, and its possibilities for overclocking (bios flashing to ultra and son on if possible)

6600GT is considerably faster and bears alot of new features with video playback that the 9800XT lacks. In addition the 6600GT draws less power.

knew the 6600 was a clear winner of 9800PRO's - and a 9800XT s only about %10 faster. so i would go for a 6600 if u have the choice.

defintaly go with the 6600gt... i could probably hit 9k in 3dmark03 with mine if i get some better ram. Can't say that about a 9800xt :)

DX 8 = 9800XT
DX 9 = 6600GT

Just depends on what you game most...if gaming with older games...keep your Pro

Last edited:
glock19owner said:
DX 8 = 9800XT
DX 9 = 6600GT

Just depends on what you game most...if gaming with older games...get a 9800 Pro and flash it to a XT...and then save up for a PCI-E card and system later on in the year or next year...
]

Sorry mate but worng!
DX9 - 9800XT
DX9 - 6600Gt

The nvidia cards being newer can implement Dx9 better beacuse its got a better core and faster memorY!

Blackmage said:
]

Sorry mate but worng!
DX9 - 9800XT
DX9 - 6600Gt

The nvidia cards being newer can implement Dx9 better beacuse its got a better core and faster memorY!

This is why I stated

glock19owner said:
DX 8 = 9800XT
DX 9 = 6600GT

Just depends on what you game most...if gaming with older games...keep your Pro

No offense...but I dont know how you read that much into that small of a statement...

But anyways...Pro's are not that great in DX9's...not compaired to a 6600GT or such...but they will beat most 6800's in DX8 apps...

Which goes along with

DX 8 = 9800XT
DX 9 = 6600GT

glock19owner said:
No offense...but I dont know how you read that much into that small of a statement...

But anyways...Pro's are not that great in DX9's...not compaired to a 6600GT or such...but they will beat most 6800's in DX8 apps...

Which goes along with

DX 8 = 9800XT
DX 9 = 6600GT

lol i guess i read to deep into that too. Because that is what i thought you ment also :)

covana2244 said:
But you made it sound like a 9800xt can only do dx8, when in actuality it is very good at dx9.

Exactly, it's what you had type in which may you had not relised what you said but you made it seem like an 9800Xt is not a Direct X 9 card in fact it is! :-/

stang8118 said:
lol i guess i read to deep into that too. Because that is what i thought you ment also :)

You had not read anything to deep you can never read to Deep :attn: , we read his statment the way in which he had wirtten it!

Hows this for you Blackmage...I say what I mean...not say what I thought...

And on that based fact...I will make it real easy for you ;)

9800 XT are totally crap in DX9...take it out...shoot it with a 12 gauge...or a glock with hollow points

Is this simple enough for you mage?

Lol, use a 9800 if you're into DX8 games, or a 6600gt if you're heavier into DX9 ones...simple as that.

Edit: The gun imagery works too. :D

glock19owner said:
Hows this for you Blackmage...I say what I mean...not say what I thought...

And on that based fact...I will make it real easy for you ;)

9800 XT are totally crap in DX9...take it out...shoot it with a 12 gauge...or a glock with hollow points

Is this simple enough for you mage?

:eek: wow, my word , glock19owner arnt you becoming a tad angry? all i was saying is that, what you ment and what you typed were two diffrent things? Then you tell people they read deep? i mean did we just not read what you had typed? :-/

if you were thinking of getting a 9800XT, get a friggin 6800NU!! 9800XT's cost 300(last time i checked) and the 6800 just beats it by GALAXIES!

well, maybe only miles..

nvidia is the king again =P

I think dollar for dollar at the moment a 6800NU is the BEST card dolllar for dollar when compaired amoung any 200 to 300 dollar card,matter of fact even cards costing 350.00 dont offer anything ya cant get from soft mods and overclocking the NU..

diehrd said:
I think dollar for dollar at the moment a 6800NU is the BEST card dolllar for dollar when compaired amoung any 200 to 300 dollar card,matter of fact even cards costing 350.00 dont offer anything ya cant get from soft mods and overclocking the NU..

i'm still out scoring u with my 6600gt....tho just by a hair :clap: :beer:

diehrd said:

GDDR3 doesn't not come on 6800NU's.

Back