• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pip

I'm unable to get Halo working on my PC. I have the latest chipset drivers, the latest cat 5.2s, and the latest patch for Halo. Whenever I get to the opening menu screen and I move the mouse the game will minimize, if I try to bring it back up again it will just minimize again.

My Setup
P4b 2.53 Ghz @ 2.7 GHZ
Soyo P4x400 dragon
256 MB DDR 400 Mushkin Black
Radeon 9700 pro(can't remember the exact clocks)

Can anybody help me figure out what's wrong?

That is interesting. I am having the same problem with HL2 and HALO. Are you folding by any chance? Mine does it less when I pause folding.

DuckDodgers said:
That is interesting. I am having the same problem with HL2 and HALO. Are you folding by any chance? Mine does it less when I pause folding.

Just Halo1, yeah I am folding, I've tried pausing folding, but it hasn't worked, I think I might kill the sacred cow and shut folding down when I try to run it.

Closing down folding in processes greatly increases my load time in HL2, I would recomend this.

btw, is halo 2 out for the pc??

try running some anti spyware software.

also, do you have any kind of program that changes your cursor?
if you do, try turning that off.

and i dont think halo2 will ever come out for the PC

Actually it probably isnt a memory problem, I forgot what I had to do to stop the folding program from doing that to mine.. I think I might of just installed the console version.. but if you already have that then I dunno, maybe it is a memory problem in your case, but as I said I had the same problem at one time.

Same as above... if you have the console FAH version (the one from Stanford, that has the icon in the task bar) it will make some games do this.

Use Wedo's one click for FAH insted of the console install... your problems will be gone.

Back