• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta 120x38mm TFB1212GHE Weight?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firebat45

Does anyone know a weight for the new Delta 120mm fan? If you dont know the exact weight, even an estimate will do, any help is appreciated and I need an answer quickly.

firebat45 said:
Does anyone know a weight for the new Delta 120mm fan? If you dont know the exact weight, even an estimate will do, any help is appreciated and I need an answer quickly.

300 grams (10.58 OZ) Best guess :D . Please refer to sticky for all information on this fan series.

I may be hung for saying this around these parts, but no overclock is worth 65 dBa of torture. But that's just me. ;)

You think that is something? Check out the GFB series.

120X78. Dual counter rotating blades, ultra high static pressure, and 220 CFM. :)

@md0Cer said:
You think that is something? Check out the GFB series.

120X78. Dual counter rotating blades, ultra high static pressure, and 220 CFM. :)

You know I have been trying for months to get a hold of one of those. The only I seem to be able to is if I buy a thousand of them. Umm no. This new one from sidewinder should suffice though.

Could you somehow measure airflow before and after mounting fan on heatsink?
That doesn't need to be accurate, but it could be useful, as we'd know how big air flow and pressure drop is. This might result in some improvements that would allow moving more air.

Other thing - I think that airflow will be <190CFM when you put it on your XP-120. So there's my nasty idea. I'v eseen you use some spacers. Idea is to make a spacer that would have some kind of fins, going from centre to sides, that would prevent rotatary air flow - this way, with using such spacer you could probably stack your deltas. They have already some air directinig fins so could you post stacking results?

thanks for the replies, fyi im not actually usuing it for a computer, my school is entering a competition where you have to use 2 computer fans to make a hovercraft. I cant wait to show up with our 440 CFM 68 dB monster versus all their 30-40 cfm minis

btw the counterrotating ones suck, they are less cfm, less pressure, heavier, and harder to get, the only cool part is that they would look awesome

firebat45 said:
thanks for the replies, fyi im not actually usuing it for a computer, my school is entering a competition where you have to use 2 computer fans to make a hovercraft. I cant wait to show up with our 440 CFM 68 dB monster versus all their 30-40 cfm minis

btw the counterrotating ones suck, they are less cfm, less pressure, heavier, and harder to get, the only cool part is that they would look awesome

You have to look at this model we are talking about and the specs. I think you will edit your reply after that.

Same CFM, granted it has half the pressure but it is also about 40% quieter. But you are right they are heavier, and extremely hard to get but that doesn't mean they suck.

Last edited:
firebat45 said:

Maybe think about something even bigger.
You haven't mentioned purpose before. In this case you may get rid of part of fan "chasis". Problem may be powering thing if you're not allowed to use external cables. Most of hovercraft chasis, you can make of fiberglass, styrodur and balsa. Last 2 have great durability to weight ratio. Also check maximum voltage these fans can stand, so you could get even more than given CFM at 12v :clap:
Anyway if you can use external cables to power thing - it may be really nasty :D
Also look at fan current, not to use too thin wires.

veryhumid said:
i can't remember, but isn't that a measurement of vacuum? i thought psi was the unit for pressure? i wonder how many psi it does...

1 PSI = 27.680 in H20 @ 4° C (inches in water)

This fan puts out 1.041 in H2O so it is not a whole lot.

about .038 PSI

Then again I don't planning on using this to air up my tires either. LOL.

hehehe
PSI - that's another Imperial invention to make engineers life harder. Any hope that Americans will start using more scientific units?

Ven0m said:
hehehe
PSI - that's another Imperial invention to make engineers life harder. Any hope that Americans will start using more scientific units?

Isn't that the truth. Any chance of converting? well I won't hold my breath on that one.

Voodoo Rufus said:
How did I KNOW that Chaser would get one of these.....

I liked my FFB1212VHEs, but I'm not THAT nuts! :D

Yeah I know surprising isn't it. ROFL

Last edited:
Electron Chaser said:
1 PSI = 27.680 in H20 @ 4° C (inches in water)

This fan puts out 1.041 in H2O so it is not a whole lot.

about .038 PSI

Then again I don't planning on using this to air up my tires either. LOL.

Most fans put out 2-6 mm of air pressure... this one put out 26 which is a VERY much....

Back