• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am i getting ripped off????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tunnel

i was just looking at the weekend for new hard drives and i come across a 160 gb with a 2mb cache not to sure of the make. it was priced at 65 british pounds. if i were to buy this would it be a waste of my money?

I would recommend visiting such sites as FatWallet.com or SlickDeals.net for finding the best and latest deals on such periphials as Hard Drives. The prices of hard drives are so variable in today's market that it is tough to make sure you are getting a good deal without looking at such sites. d94 is right on the prices of such drives :D

sharkmont said:
I would recommend visiting such sites as FatWallet.com or SlickDeals.net for finding the best and latest deals on such periphials as Hard Drives. The prices of hard drives are so variable in today's market that it is tough to make sure you are getting a good deal without looking at such sites. d94 is right on the prices of such drives :D

He is in the UK, those sites are not of much help.

Typical rule of thumb is $.50 a GB is a good deal. Convert to GBP and tack on what ever surchage you guys pay over us, and you can come up with your own $/GB

Back