• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot as the sun deal, Dell 2001fp and 2005fpw for 500 shipped (NO REBATES)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aye, shoulda mentioned that as well....I jumped on the 2005FPW....gonna pickup a 17" LCD when theres a deal on that for a sweet dual setup. I planned on getting the 2405 and thena 2001 but I won't have 1500 to spend on 2 monitors...so i figure I can pickup this one and a 17 in a couple of weeks for sub 800

Wish I had an extra $500 this would go very nice with my new system. Ohh well maybe next year.

argh! someone talk me out of this! The only thing going AGAINST me buying this is the my 9800XT really can't play many games to my satisfaction in 1600x1200...

it';s 1600x1050 :p......hmm that's doesn't help you much! I got a 9700p and I think it could hold pretty well...I only play HL2 and I'm willing to drop down settings cuz I want this for desktop space, DVD's, and wide screen gaming.

which of the 2 do you think is a better deal? the 2001FP or the 2005FPW? have they resolve the backlighting issue on the 2005FPW's?

Guess this is in preparation for the 24" panels being released this March.

I was debating this but the reviews on this panel are mixed, and with a very solid 24" coming out soon I think I'll wait.

Last edited:
is there a way to force my 9800 pro/xt to use the native resolution of 1680x1050? I think the max resolution for this card is 1600x1200.

I think I am just going to get the 19" one since my card can't support the wide screen format and I refuse to buy the 2001 since the model is so old. Oh yeah, and I don't like running 1600x1200.

ended up getting the 1905fp for under $400 shipped. not too shabby for a pretty decent gaming monitor. It isn't as fast as some of the other 19" lcds, but I can make payments on this one. :D

Last edited:
Pinky said:
Guess this is in preparation for the 24" panels being released this March.

I was debating this but the reviews on this panel are mixed, and with a very solid 24" coming out soon I think I'll wait.

It will be a cold day in hell when I spend $1200 on a 24" monitor when they are released. :-/

yeah any of the new dets or catalysts will work fine....for more info checkout the wide screen gaming forums.....can't remember url though

*edit* bah SSS you know they'll be a 25% off coupon pretty much as soon as it's else....or would it be pretty chilling in hell for you to spend 900 as well :p

Silversinksam said:
It will be a cold day in hell when I spend $1200 on a 24" monitor when they are released. :-/

It'll be a cold day in hell when i pay 500 for a monitor.... But then again, I'm a poor college student w/o a job at the moment. :beer:

now I am starting to doubt my decision. Although this was a great discount, after my 19" panel was a bit under $400 shipped, I am starting to wonder if I should cancel that order and safe up a bit more cash for the L90D+ panel. Neweggs prices have gone UP about $10-15 on this monitor in the last week or so, and COMPUSA still has it out of stock. This is going to be used for gaming only with some work done when required.

Which one of these do you think I would be most happy with now that prices are almost identical?

Back