• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when does ups deliver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
i know fedex delivers before 4:30
anyone know when ups delivers before?

I find that with either it depends where you live. For example, FedEx would usually deliver to my old house by 5:30, but at my mailbox, it gets there by 4:30. With UPS, it would get to my old house by 5:00, but now it gets to my new house by 3:00. (all times pm)

UPS = Under Paid Slaves.

it all depends on the driver and the route. If the driver has lots of businesses, he/she (gotta be PC now-a-days) will deliver the businesses first, then pick up businesses before 5pm, THEN get to residentials. If the driver has a decent mix, then the driver will try to empty out the package car of ALL packages , then go back for business pick-ups. Businesses tend to have stricter time constraints than residentials... besides, if you work, you don't want your package sitting on your door step for several hours before you get home, increased chance of theft.

Keep in mind these drivers have between 100 and 200 stops per day.

-Steve (ex-UPS'er)

The UPS drivers schedules cause the delivery times to vary greatly from region to region. My typical delivery time is somewhere betweent the hours of 4 and 5 in the evening. Hope this gives you an idea sonny.

I under stand from our local guy that they have GPS recievers on the trucks now. The guys are monitored every step of the day. While my guy is polite, he has little time to chat as he has to run out the door to the next stop. I know that Overnights are picked up as late as 6:30 PM (18:30 for those on military time :) ).

And don't knock the Union there buddy. Unions do still serve a purpose in this day and age. If you are lucky enough to have good working conditions without one, good for you. Life isn't that good for every one.

They deliver up to a max of 7:30pm. I know my area I had to pick a package up and they said come by around 8ish to pick it up. He was the last truck in so I'd have to say that time is a good estimate.

I've had them arrive as early as 9:00am and as late as 6:30pm at the places that I've lived. It really all depends on the route your on. My early times was when I lived on the east side of town (only a few blocks from the UPS building on this side of town). Late afternoon to the night times was where I lived last year in the center of the city, after 2:00pm up to 6:30pm. Where I live now like clock work, slightly before noon.

Then we got fedex only delivers to 5:00pm. My all the places where i lived usually delivered later afternoon 2pm on, usually I was home to get my packages from them due to work/school schedule at the time which was nice. One time I got a package at 8:00am in the morning! And to my admazment it was a computer case coming from newegg that I ordered the day before with the standard shipping!

I remember one time they delivered something at around 10pm. Sometimes I'm forced to use UPS because that's the only delivery option at the store. I'd rather use USPS or Fedex.

Back