• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can my 550W Antec Handle my System?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Im getting suspicous about my 550W Antec Trupower. I know this is a very reliable / stable PSU, but its rails arn't that great. My 3.3 is 3.25, my 5.0 is 4.98, and my 12 is 11.90. This is over a course of my computer being on for 2 days straight playing games and in Windows. Do you think my Antec can handle my sys, cause its rails arn't giving me any reasureance that it is. Thanks in advance. Oh btw, I have 2 hdds, 2 cdrom drives, 15 fans total / 3 fan controllers, and 2 kits of Cold cathodes. Im wondering if my 550W Antec is over watted.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Im getting suspicous about my 550W Antec Trupower. I know this is a very reliable / stable PSU, but its rails arn't that great. My 3.3 is 3.25, my 5.0 is 4.98, and my 12 is 11.90. This is over a course of my computer being on for 2 days straight playing games and in Windows. Do you think my Antec can handle my sys, cause its rails arn't giving me any reasureance that it is. Thanks in advance. Oh btw, I have 2 hdds, 2 cdrom drives, 15 fans total / 3 fan controllers, and 2 kits of Cold cathodes. Im wondering if my 550W Antec is over watted.

15 fans yeah my kind of cooling. Sweet!!! :thup:

I think it will definately do the job. It is just typical Antec as of late. Every rail always reporting low and lower under a load. I would of course check them with a meter and then if it still bothers you could bump those rails up a bit and see how you do then.

Those rails are within spec and look good to me. If these are measured with a meter, the 12v looks to be very slightly overdrawn, but not too badly. These are supposed to keep the rails dead on 3.3, 5, and 12; and it looks to be doing ok with that.

I was starting to wonder the same thing about my 550TP. My rails do not worry me as much as the warm air that blows out of the PSU. Those rails look fine to me. Are those readings from MBM or with a DMM?

According to MBM my rails are actually high 3.312, 5.027 and 12.16 at full load. But I have always heard take the readings in MBM with a grain of salt.

Back