• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lobo14

First post on a great site. I have a 3.2E SL7E5 packed 8/27/o4 478pin processor and a Max 3 board. Memory is OCZ EL 3200 rev2. Can anyone tell my how much I could clock this setup?

lobo14 said:
First post on a great site. I have a 3.2E SL7E5 packed 8/27/o4 478pin processor and a Max 3 board. Memory is OCZ EL 3200 rev2. Can anyone tell my how much I could clock this setup?

welcome to the forums!

Depending on what cooling you use, you can expect 3.6 - 4Ghz from it. Its a great combo (love the mobo hehe) but you will need decent cooling.

Thanks. I have watercooling. Waterchill antartica and a 2¤120mm radiator.
Would it help to put heatsinks on the "hot" parts of the board? Temps are at around 40-45C at full load now. Stock speed

The Max3 already has sinks on the mosfets (the OTES system), but it can be enhanced by putting AS5 or different heatsinks on them. There are some threads in the mobo and cooling section about people modding the OTES to enhance cooling.

With such a system, 4 Ghz should be possible. Go for it!

A GOOD 3.6 if you got a XP-90 Heatstinker and good controlling rams ..

I can go up to 3.8ghz with my chip ..its a beast

Back