• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick timing question.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

Trying to get my ram to boot at 250 1:1. I use 2.8 volts...and ahve 3200LL XMS, dont remember revision.....

boots fine 2-2-2-5 @ 200.....and when i try at 1:1 250 2.8V it wont boot. I tried low and high timing (like 3-5-5-8 or something ....dont exactly remember) and it didnt boot.

Is it possible for ram at a given speed to NOT WORK at tight timings, and NOT WORK at loose timings....but WORK at medium timings???

Mike

I believe your ram is tccd so, it seems it should go higher than 250mhz. However, there is no certainty that it is capable of going higher. First, you need to start keeping notes (If you are not doing it already) about what ypu have tried and the results. This will help you narrow down your options. There are a lot of combinations of timings and voltages that you probably have not tried. Finding just the right combo with your ram will take time. Also, are you certain it's the ram and not some other varible that is causing the problem.

im certain it is the ram...and it had to be CH-5 maybe BH-5.....its like 2 years old....or so....

really what i am trying to get as say u have ram that does 250 @ 2-3-3-6 (or wahtever).....because it can boot at those (tight) timings....is it then garunteed to boot at 250 @ 3-4-4-7 (looser) timings? or is it possible that the ram will not work at those timings for that speed?

Mike

Back