• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just had a weird WU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TidyBowl

I've been turning in 600pt's regularly for about a month -- gotta love 600 pointers. but the last two I got were a 342 and it just grabbed a 63 point amber. Kind of weird I have advmethods and bigpackets enabled.

has this happened to anyone recently -- its processing them fine but killing my PPD.

T

Every once in a while, maybe 1 in 100, I get a 63 pointer (p724_Abeta21-43-amberGS) which actually uses the Gromacs core. You get just about 50% the ppd as the big WUs. Perhaps a bit more frequently, one of my -advmethods bigpacket rigs pulls in a p13xx. With bigpackets on and -advmethods off, you'll get more p13xx and p1475 than you will with both on. p13xx give you 80 to 90% the ppd of the 600 pointers so their not horrible. If you see my thread on Max ppd on HT rigs, you'll see they can be quite beneficial when mixed with 600 pointers.

Last edited:
ya after a bunch of 600s i just got a 342. but it works out for me cause it gives more ppd :)

Cool, I don't mind the 342's cause they do help my PPD but this 63 pointer is killing it. its a 10 hour p724_Abeta21-43-amberGS just like yours. PHOOOEY!! :temper:

I'm running a 3.0C at 3.45 right now -- stable at 3.6 but kind of hot -- well its hot anyway. but I run only one instance, 2 was making it pain to work.

Thanks - let's just hope I don't get more of these low pointers.

T

Back