• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.8C Overclocked or 3.2E overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Well hey guys, i am FINALLY getting my h2o equipment at the end of this month, just waiting for the stuff to arrive. Now to my question. My brother currently has a 3.2E and i could trade him for my 2.8c but would it be worthwhile of my time? I do not know how his overclocks, havent tested it yet. He has the 3.2E SL7KC. Now i have a 2.8C (SL6Z5 M0) currently at 270FSB at 1.625 vcore. Would it be a worthwhile trade? Or would i just have to test the 3.2E out and see what it can do? What speeds do you think the 3.2E would have to use to compare to my 2.8C?

That's one sweet 2.8C. I would check to see what the 3.2E would do before making a final decision.

I had a C0 3.2E that didn't do anything above 3.45-ish. I traded it for a M0-stepping 2.8C just like yours'. Watercooling gained me about 10FSB. (250 -> 260) Test that 3.2E and if it doesn't go above 3.6-ish, your sweet 2.8C will be faster except when running SETI or Folding...

Back