• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Please Need Extreme Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wiggyuk

I am building a new system and I want to achieve some extreme cooling but I wnat it all built within my case not outside like you see alot of them any ideas which way I can go ?

It's the name of an extreme cooling company...... there's two main phase change companies as I understand it, Prometeia and Vapochill.

Prometeia
Vapochill

They both use phase change cooling to get cpu temperatures to the sub-zero area (around -40°C) which significantly increases your overclocking ability.

I'm not sure how long the gas in them lasts before you have to recharge them though...... plus they're fairly expensive.

mtb856 said:
I'm not sure how long the gas in them lasts before you have to recharge them though...... plus they're fairly expensive.
why do people think you need to recharge these things!?
you dont! unless you break it and spring a leak, it lasts for years.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
why do people think you need to recharge these things!?
you dont! unless you break it and spring a leak, it lasts for years.

Really...... I'd always wondered that, it seemed like it would be kind of like a car AC unit and you'd have to recharge it every once and a while......you learn something every day.

BTW, he means that with extreme cooling, you're always at subzero temps.

OCS911 said:
extreme cooling = Prometia Mach II w/ negative degree of all time :)

Seem a little expensive plus the unit wont fit in my case, I want a cooling system that will achieve - temps but will fit into my case is vaporchill just a unit that u buy and install in your case? I wanted something I could build myself as a project.

It actually sits underneath your case and you cut a hole in the bottom of your case so that hose can go up through it...... I believe that they are built to match the chieftec (and some lian-li) cases, so if you have one of those it should match up nicely.

You could theoretically build a phase change system, but it would be extremely difficult IMO (for a novice) and might not work as well as you would expect it to.

This guy just built his own phase change unit if you want to look at how it's done: LINK

You might try a TEC then, you'd need to upgrade the powersupply to a Baker unit (I think that's what it's called) and move to watercooling, but that would fit in your case...... and a TEC will give you subzero temps as well, but I think they require a little more work (I may be wrong though).

Whats a baker unit, and the only problem with TEC`s is they cause evaporation I wish I knew as much as some of you lot on here some of the people on this forum are amazing its like the A team go into a shed with some scrap and come out a couple of hours later with the ultimate system (if you are not familliar with the A team it wont make sense)

extreme means you willing to take the risk to the limit and now you don't want either Vapochill/Prometeia or TEC so Watercooling is your only choice left

Here is the guide to TEC's...... and as far as I know, they do fit inside your case, unlike the vapochill. I'm still not sure why you care though, it just sits underneath your case so it's not like it takes up any more room. Does it have to fit in a desk or something?

If you want to run a TEC though, you need a very powerful computer PSU (like a 600W OCZ Powerstream) or one of these.

yes, you can buy parts for your own phase loop on the Xtremesystems classifieds, they have evaporators, condensors, tubing, and i think compressors.
It's a LOT harder than making a watercooling sytem, though. you have to braze the pipes together, check for leaks, charge it, fine tune it, and maintain it...

Back