• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF3 250GB: Boot error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LaTeRaLuS

Registered
I get this error right after the raid array check

PXE-E01: PCI Vendor and Device IDs do not match!
I've searched on the net and i cant really find anything that would help me in diagnosing the problem. Here is somthing i found.

This message should never be seen in a production BIOS. When the system BIOS initializes a PCI option ROM, it is supposed to pass the PCI bus/device/function numbers in the AX register. If the PCI device defined in the AX register does not match the UNDI device, this error is displayed.

What do you guys think? Do i need to update the BIOS? And if i do which one, i've never updated BIOS b4.

BTW, this is my first post here, i've watched and awe'd at this site and the mods ppl have done on here for months now. What a great place!

Know Nuttin said:
I believe that error is related to booting from the network card. Do you have that option set in your bios?

No i dont, accually i screwed up on trying to see which option would get rid of it, i loaded Optimized defaults and my comp went to hell and back. I had to clear CMOS to get it to come on again. Although everything runs fine despite this error, the answer to it keeps eluding me. :-/

Back