• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus K8N-E Deluxe NVIDIA NForce PATA Raid not recognized by Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I have been searching for an answer to this problem for a while, and I finally decided to post this as a question in the OCforums. I can't seam to get RAID working with my two 160 gig WD HDDS. I enabled RAID in the bios, and enabled IDE 0 Master, and IDE 0 Slave for RAID. I enter the NVIDIA Raid setup and setup a stripping RAID with default options. The Raid utiltiy then recognizes the two drives as a 298.10 GB drive. After I boot into windows, however, the drives are recognized as two independant drives. I installed the NVIDIA Nforce ATA raid controller version 5.10.2600.446. That is the version reported in the device manager. I have read about problems with the nForce 3 250 GB RAID, but all the problems I have read about seam to all be different problems. If anyone has had any experiance with this, please let me know asap. Thanks.

Back