• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Somone PLEASE help me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Im running out of both options and money.

#1 my AV8 wont do past 220 stable in dual-channel
#2 my K8N wont boot and keeps giving my DRAM warnings.

Anyone have any birhgt ideas to get my K8N working?

Here's what I know:

PSU is fine
Mobo was working until I pulled it out to put my AV8 in <yes I was grounded>
Tried all DIMMS and 3 sets of RAM, noting
POST keeps hanging on "DRAM error"

Havent tried cleaning the contacts ill do that next.

Btw just as a pity factor if y'all cant help me this will by my 3rd possible final AMD system/motherboard.

Im a 1/2 second away from building an LGA rig right this instant. Please dont make me resort to that :-/

Well it looks like we're in the same boat buddy. Except I'm all burned out. I just replaced my K8N neo with a new one (because the shop sold me a refurbished one the ********.) and I plug everything in and ....... nothing. However I tried a different PSU and it fires right up. Now I can't even get that **** working. My gigabit light flashes like its getting power but push the switch and nothing. At least your **** turns on.

Sorry, sen; thought your av8 was doing better than that. I've had such good experiences with the 3 abit boards I've owned, I've been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt;but it looks like this one has serious problems. I understand your frustration, but if you're willing to give it one more shot, my epox is shaping up to be the best board I've ever had.

Tough one..Initally I am thinking a bios flash..But ya cant get that far cause of ram,I am trying to look around the manufactures site BUT it is taking forever to load pages there.

Have ya tried 1 stick in diff slots ? And tried all 3 diff ram individually in different slots ? Also try to post WITH no ram and see if it gives you an error tone..Any way to up voltage for ram or is it bios controlled ?

Steven4563 said:
have u reset bios im guessing u have sent

if that dont work RMA the board and get a N-force4 board and a new g-card :)
Yes I have, however if I have to RMA my K8N I would be on an LGA775. If its dead so is my A64 rig permenantally.

garste said:
Sorry, sen; thought your av8 was doing better than that.
Yea so did I. I thought my problems with the board were related to my Hynix. Obviously this is false and the AV8 is going back

diehrd said:
Have ya tried 1 stick in diff slots ? And tried all 3 diff ram individually in different slots ? Also try to post WITH no ram and see if it gives you an error tone..Any way to up voltage for ram or is it bios controlled ?
Yea bro ive tried everything, and yes it is BIOS controled. Ive tried all the dimms even with 2 different sets of RAM

Steven4563 said:
maybe its the cpu that wont go over 220HT ?? i know mine dont but at 5:4 i can reach up to 250HT
No its not that. On my Neo2 I could do the RAM as high as 270 yet on THIS board it wont budge past 220

Super Nade said:
*Trivial Q*
Sen, you sure the ram is matched? How did you check it?
What HDD controllers are on your MoBo?
:confused: Does the HDD controlelrs matter?

As for the RAM it was a DC pack bought from newegg on Wed

If your rig flys through memtest, but XP BSOD's, then it does matter. For example, in case of the A8V, the VIA Controller gave all sorts of problems at high FSB.

Super Nade said:
If your rig flys through memtest, but XP BSOD's, then it does matter. For example, in case of the A8V, the VIA Controller gave all sorts of problems at high FSB.
Woa what? EXPLAIN! Who what where why when? Ill take pix. Is there a solution!?!?

<For all those who were following this>

I was referring to the SATA Controllers. IDE's usually are'nt a problem (but you can never be too careful about that!).

Back