• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit TH7II Owners - Question about Vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I just set up a TH7II with 1.7gig P4. The core voltage settings are wacky. At the default setting of 1.75 the hardware monitor shows 1.63. I gradually bumped it up to get the system stable at 2.1GHz. The bios is set to 2.10 volts, and the hardware monitor is reading 1.87. I just wanted to compare this with other TH7II owners. I'm assuming the hardware monitor is right. I know the voltage is higher because it wouldn't boot at 2GHz before - now it appears stable. I sure hope the monitor is right. I can't complain too much though. My Asus P4T wouldn't raise the voltage at all. I had to use the wire wrap trick.

As r_wesleyjr said I am building a system with the same mobo and processer. I am a newbie but I might be able to give you some feedback.
I just sent the mobo back for FD controller issue.

I didn't try to overclock yet but I did notice a difference between temps in the Bios and temps in the Hardware monitor, about 1 or 2?.

What kind of cooling are you using? I put on a Thermaltake Volcano P4
And my temps are aroung 42?C not overclocked. I would assume that if I am going to overclock I would have to get those temps down a little.

When my board gets back maybe I can give you more info.

glimmer said:
As r_wesleyjr said I am building a system with the same mobo and processer. I am a newbie but I might be able to give you some feedback.
I just sent the mobo back for FD controller issue.

I didn't try to overclock yet but I did notice a difference between temps in the Bios and temps in the Hardware monitor, about 1 or 2?.

What kind of cooling are you using? I put on a Thermaltake Volcano P4
And my temps are aroung 42?C not overclocked. I would assume that if I am going to overclock I would have to get those temps down a little.

When my board gets back maybe I can give you more info.
I'm using the same HSF and my idle temp is exactly like yours. 104 to 109f. I am folding 24/7 at 78 to 85f ambient and my cpu temp is 142f/62c. I am sacrificing this chip (going northwood by end of year). If you're not planning on doing the same thing I would suggest you chose another HSF. So far the only negative effect I can see is a slowdown in my folding times( caused by cpu throttling down).

Last edited:
Back