• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800xt temperatures, ati silencer 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoN

Registered
i have a powercolor x800 pro vivo soft modded into an xt plat and recently installed an ati silencer 4. right now its running at 525/573 and ati tool shows its temp as 53 at idle and 73 under load (2-3 minutes of the fuzzy cube). thats pretty damned hot, am i wrong?

im thinking i may hove botched the install on this cooler, anyone have temps for a similar setup, maybe some tips for installing an ati silencer, maybe a link to good walkthrough or anything??

LoN said:
i have a powercolor x800 pro vivo soft modded into an xt plat and recently installed an ati silencer 4. right now its running at 525/573 and ati tool shows its temp as 53 at idle and 73 under load (2-3 minutes of the fuzzy cube). thats pretty damned hot, am i wrong?

im thinking i may hove botched the install on this cooler, anyone have temps for a similar setup, maybe some tips for installing an ati silencer, maybe a link to good walkthrough or anything??

Yeah, that's pretty hot indeed. Poor contact maybe. Should be down around the ~35-40° mark at idle. Also depends on case/ambient temps as well.

alright thanks for the target numbers, im going to just going to break it down and redo it, see what i get.

LoN said:
alright thanks for the target numbers, im going to just going to break it down and redo it, see what i get.

That's exactly what i would do. You'll be able to see how the contact was once you take it off. What paste are you using? Make sure you're careful not to get any on the resisters by the core, that's been known to cause some serious problems. Good Luck.

im using the arctic silver 5 i have left over from putting together my computer before i came to school. im almost out now though so ill probably have to use the stuff that came with the cooler when i redo it, well see.

lmao i have no idea what was wrong with my first attempt, it looked fine when i took it apart, but now that i re did it its idling at 38 and sitting pretty at 55 under load. time to overclock :attn:

LoN said:
lmao i have no idea what was wrong with my first attempt, it looked fine when i took it apart, but now that i re did it its idling at 38 and sitting pretty at 55 under load. time to overclock :attn:

Glad it's working well now. Should lower a tad once it burns it a bit. GL with the overclocking :beer:

Back