• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which H2O kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shinbones_jr

Hi all,
Looking into water cooling for the first time... probably prefer a kit to finding parts myself... can anyone recommend a good all-round kit that (can) includes a GPU block? (P4 CPU, GForce4 GPU). External or internal... I'm not fussy, but would prefer not to spend a month's pay on it ;)
Thanks

What are your goals with the system?

If you want MAX overclock without phase change then you want to build you own.
If you want low noise with excellent performance, build you own.

You can even build your own system to do very well on MAX oc AND very quiet if you add a fan controller (although it won't do both at the same time, or either quite as well as a system dedicated to one or the other.)

If you want an exemplary system for the lowest cost possible, build your own.

IF, on the other hand, you don't mind spending the extra money for lower performance and you really desire the ease of purchase and setup, get a kit.

I won't mention any kits here because I really, STRONGLY suggest you think about exactly what you want before spending the money on one. :)

3 letters: D.I.Y.

its truly the best way to go if you want an effective WC solution, and often times it can actually be cheaper than the pre-built kits (depending on what you want)

Thanks all for your replies... so okay, I gotta get off my *** & build my own H2O system :rolleyes: .

I don't want to overclock... just after a cooler, quieter video editing system. (currently have 9 fans inside PC & my office sounds like a wind tunnel - even with all this air, I have to have the aircon' on during long transcodes otherwise PC gets too hot... that's life in the tropics I guess).

So I'll get myself a new case (looking at Antec 1080AMG) and start reading up on building my own WC system here. If anyone has the time, a couple of links to thorough, existing DIY H2O threads would be much appreciated :)

Also, if there are any Aussie's here, a link to (or the name of) a decent Aussie shop where I can get the gear I'll need would be much appreciated... so far I've only seen PC Case Gear and their component prices initially put me off building my own system (was more expensive for basic components than a kit!)

FYI, system is Intel 865PERL, P4-3.06HT, NVidia GeForce4 (dual monitors) & Matrox RTX capture card.

Thanks
Scott

Heh.. a quick look at the stickies has answered almost all my questions... this forum rocks... you guys should be proud!!! Would still like to know about any Aussie retailers :)

Back