• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox bios went flaky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Anderson

Registered
Hi guys As you can see by my sig I have both the MSI and the Epox9NDA3J And the bios was shkey from the get go. got weird screens like if it was written in Russian and couldn't open anything up while inside. It was just a mess. So I shut it down for a while and all was ok, except now it will not keep the changes I make inside the bios, when I save and exit it reboots and then I get a screen that says F1 to continue in safe mode or Del to change bios setting and then Save. Whats up with that? I do save and yet I keep getting this screen telling me something is wrong. And yes I rest everything back down to default and yet it stills gives me this error. Well needless to say I'm back on my Neo for right now until I can figure this out.

what does the screen say, temps ok? try reinserting your cards and cleaning your slots just incase its screwing something up, this has helped me before when i thought it may be a board issue (yeah, it was, half the contact area that is for some good dust!)

Do you have any of the voltages set real high ? The only time I've seen that on mine is when I had a voltage set to high.

I dont know if this helps,but I just flashed my BIOS vis a CD I burned.If you can goto their website and download the latest BIOS....extract it,and then burn it to a ****...when the DOS prompt comes up when you reboots,type: awflash
then type the name of the BIOS file on the disk.when it asks you if you want to save,I chose NO.It showed the BIOS being flashed,rebooted to Windows and checked with their flash utility to see if there were any BIOS updates...and it told me I had the latest BIOS.

But,then again, you might have tried to overclock it too far...so flashing the BIOS might not help at all.I have the same mobo.Hope you can get it working.

Back