• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead pixels... hard to get used to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Well I got a replacement for my busted laptop, and theres 1 dead pixel outside the center so I cant get it replaced.

Was wondering...

I need to get used to this thing and suck it up, and I was wondering if anyone had to deal with getting used to a dead pixel or two. I hope I can, im pretty compulsive sometimes. Worst case scenerio is I can sell it on ebay and just take a loss and get a new notebook :bang head

I have one right in the center of my Laptop. It took some time to get used to, but i really don't even notice it anymore. Just a matter of time before it will seem like it's not even there.

Sucka said:
I have one right in the center of my Laptop. It took some time to get used to, but i really don't even notice it anymore. Just a matter of time before it will seem like it's not even there.

Cool, hopefully I can just get that into my thick head. :D

it will also depend on what the pixel does...some dead pixels stay on colors or just don't work....if you use tipicaly dark backgrounds and stuff a dead pixel isn't that big of a deal...but one stuck on red or something might be more noticeable.
I'm getting my 2005fpw tomorrow so I'm hoping everythings all good...if I don't like it though I can always get a refund from dell...gotta like they're money back gaurantee

ajrettke said:
it will also depend on what the pixel does...some dead pixels stay on colors or just don't work....if you use tipicaly dark backgrounds and stuff a dead pixel isn't that big of a deal...but one stuck on red or something might be more noticeable.
I'm getting my 2005fpw tomorrow so I'm hoping everythings all good...if I don't like it though I can always get a refund from dell...gotta like they're money back gaurantee

Received mine last week with one dead pixel stuck on red and some bad backlight bleeding in the top right corner and bottem left, check yours out... think i am going to return mine,, but dont know if I should get a replacement or my money back yet

Are mfgs and retailers supposed to think we'll find this acceptable? I mean I'm buying my LCD from a retailer (Wal-Mart of all places) because they won't give me crap if I want to return it for friggin' dead pixels. New Egg won't replace if it has 8 or less dead pixels. WTF?!?!?!?!

Think about it this way, Manufacuters would make NO money what so ever if they had to have very minotor perfect. There are often litterally millions of little cells that make up a lcd screen. With current technology are we going to get perfect cells for every pixel on every lcd screen? **** no! Anyway, Yea I have two dead Pixels on my laptop, one is stuck light blue in the middle of the screen(hard to find most the time, so it does not really matter) and a RED one in the top right corner. I've gotten used to it.

sunrunner20 said:
Think about it this way, Manufacuters would make NO money what so ever if they had to have very minotor perfect. There are often litterally millions of little cells that make up a lcd screen. With current technology are we going to get perfect cells for every pixel on every lcd screen? **** no! Anyway, Yea I have two dead Pixels on my laptop, one is stuck light blue in the middle of the screen(hard to find most the time, so it does not really matter) and a RED one in the top right corner. I've gotten used to it.

You guys are beginning to disuade me from buying the 17" LCD that I was going to order next week.

I heard that Samsung was going to start offering replacements for any dead pixels. I read it somewhere. They basically said that if you have even one dead pixel, they will replace it.

LCD technology is imperfect at this point. Im really torn between selling this laptop on ebay and keeping it and getting used to it. The Pixel isnt a problem, my problem the colors on my screen are deffinetly different than other lcds... that is, the color is a little differe (IE Red on my aim text looks abit more pink than red, I just notice these things and it irks me)

If I cant get used to it 3 weeks from now im going to go bananas.

Maby you need to select a colour correction setup. I know my desktop can do it with my Nvidia drivers, AND I can do it on my laptop, which is driven by an onboard Intel graphics.... EW!!!!

Back