• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small but loud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

I got my self a external 3.5" and 5 1/4 enclosure, usb2, kgear. The enclosure seems real nice, works nice. But the small fan at the back is making noise, I cannot resist.
Is it safe to remove this fan, to get rid of the noise. The fan even runs on 5v, should I add a resistor to quiet down the fan, or this will make no difference. I cannot find a quiet small fan like this one.
Words on the fan
LEADER
JD 0410M
DC 12V MAX 0.08A
SLEEVE BEARING
Thanks

Attachments

• SMALL LOUD FAN.jpg
    SMALL LOUD FAN.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 112
Do you have any pictures of the enclosure? How hot does the drive run inside the enclosure with the fan on?

Radical said:
Do you have any pictures of the enclosure? How hot does the drive run inside the enclosure with the fan on?
I dont got a clue, but it seems the enclosure turns off, if the back fan is not connected. There plenty of room inside the enclosure, since it can fit a cdrom, and I got a hard drive in it.
Thanks

Back