• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major issue.. GNDS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KOXC2003

I'm not sure what’s going on here, about July was the last time I altered any settings on my computer (except a new case in August), it went from Prime95 stable for 4+ hours, to failing within 3 minutes. Settings in sign, tried with ANADD, failed at 4 minutes. CPU temp is lower then 55.5 C at all times according to Hardware doctor, use to get to 58.5 C during prime, and case temps are 5 C lower than in July with the older case, usually around 24-26 C.

3D01 is 1608, use to be 8791. But of course this could be attributed to my lack of stability, seems fine in day to day applications though (Winamp, PS, AIM, IE).

Software aspect is fine, I run adaware/ spybot at least weekly, and I ran an updated anti virus today which showed no (known) viruses. I might clean install just be sure if I can't do anything else though.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Have you run Memtest86 to see what tests you fail. Sometime it can give better informaton about what is happening than P95

perhaps take a look at what your 12v and 3.3v rails do when you load the computer as well. If they drop a bunch, ie: more than .1 volt under load, then your power supply could potentially be the problem as well. I had an Antec smartpower that started doing this after about a year of use. One day memtest wouldnt pass anymore and i started measuring the voltages and found that my 3.3v rail was all the way down at 3.18 volts... got a fortron 530 and nerver looked back

I checked my rails yesterday, but with Hardware doctor so questionable accuracy, no I don't have the tool to do it right from the 4 pin molex. +12v got down to 11.87 during Prime, right now it reads 12.11 (only running IE, winamp, aim). If I can't figure anything out maybe I'll do that. Still have yet to try memtest, darn NE winters and all the snow.

edit: Just wanted to say that my rails were always like that, no change.

Back