• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a8v deluxe and poor fps!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stahlin

Registered
OK. running a 9800 pro and a 3000+winnie. Framerates in games have dropped dramatically. Old barton 2500 ran 40-50fps...now 10-20!! Cant figure out where the hold up is. Have htt set to 1000 (x2=2000) fsb is 200, Turned agp voltage to 1.6. Latest via 4-1 drivers, latest catalyst driver(been noticing some game freezes then a reboot aswell). 8x agp enables along with fastwrite. Running 1024 ram (dual channel) at 2.5,3,3,7...(set to auto). I mean with this rig, i dont see where the hell the problems lies other than maybe software. The ram i am using dont match..will that cause a huge problem? One is a stick of samsung and other is corsair xms.Any suggestions whatsoever or links to anywhere is more than helpful. I read the overclocking sticky for the a8v deluxe. Not sure where else to turn but the pros.

i am worried

dude, i got a similar rig myself, haven't finished building yet but was worried about a similar problem you might want to look into. I was reading the mobo documentation last night and became concerned when i saw a note that read something like "If using ATI boards Radeon 9XXX series. ensure the the revision number is higher than FPXXX XXXXX30" or something similar. Anyway the two last numbers on my card are 00! so not sure what the situation will be. Anybody else had difficulty with this?

my card is a radeon 9500pro

WEll, i tried the omega drivers (reboots). Uninstalled the via agp driver and installed a new one from microsoft. After some tweaking ran nice...But none the less(reboot). Now after installing older version of Ati driver and reinstalling original via driver...No reboots in 24 hours. Well just see

I'm running Omegas on my rig with default XP VIA drivers. 40 fps in Joint Ops with my sad 9600. If you are running at 1024 x 786, its a VC/driver issue and not a CPU/Mobo issue.

Yeah. This video card was running the new video card driver on my old rig. It was a barton 2500 and an asus a7n8x deluxe. Switch it to the a8v deluxe and winnie 3000 and crash. old driver has seemed to solve it and im getting about 40-50 average in jo. Psp's arent nearly as laggy as they were and my ratio seems to get better and better. Hit me up in some jo:e super nade. Im usually on my clan server adult gamers elite. name Stahlin-age-

Cool will do. I'm Super Nader :D.

BTW do these problems occur with the latest Omegas? Remember, you have to completely uninstall all previous versions of the VC drivers!

Keep me posted on how your Oc is shaping up.

Yeah. I wiped out the old drivers everytime i installed anything. (vc or agp drivers) I kept the overclocking tool(rad link i believe) But got rid of all else. Can still use radlink to overclock on the fly but stock cooling on vc so not to push it too hard. Havent started o/cing the rig yet. Still reading and trying to understand the ratio's etc... But would like to see atleast 2ghz out of this chip.

Oh, most definatly over 2.0 ghz....Just stock hs/fan atm so not to push it till i get some reviews on nice hs/fan combo. Never watercooled (cuz water scares me) So trying to stick to aircooled. Also need a better case than what i got atm. Just a cheap 50 dollar case i have had for a couple years. Also running 2 different ram sticks atm. 1 corsair 512 xms stick and 1 samsung 512. Although it says "Dual Channel", Im not so sure if im losing bandwidth From the 6.4 its stated to run.

I have looked at cpu-z and memory section shows 1024 and dual with clock of 2.5.3.3.7.....Not sure what bank cycle time 10 clocks and dram idle timer 16 clocks is, but maybe you will. THe thing i am most curious about is the spd tab. Slot 1...corsair..Under timings table i get this. 166mhz 2.0,3,3,7 and 200mhz 2.5,3,3,8.

When i got to slot 2, its says xerox is manufacturer and that timings are 166mhz-2.5,3,3,7 and 200mhz 3.0,4,4,8.

Memory tab shows 2.5,3,3,7 as i stated. Has it forced both sticks to run at that timing? (not sure if a computer would run with 2 timings or of even possible?)

THats the only wierd thing i was curious about. Looked around on google etc but found nothing helpful yet.

Soon as i get my new psu (curently running 360) ill start stepping her up some and let ya know what i can get stock.

Any suggestions on a decent overclocking psu under 100 bucks?

Oh, and confirmed that the last version of catalyst drivers and the agp driver that comes with motherboard is rock solid.average 40 frames in jo now, 50 and 60 come and go.

Ok. Just ran sisoft and did a memory bandwidth benchmark and it shows it roughly 3900-4000. Appears to run about 1000 over most other pc3200 chips, So maybe the different ram isnt running all that bad but a section shows the bus speed at 187x2? Yeah hht shows 1000x2 (2000) which wouldnt be so if the bus is at 187 correct? I was thinking that the 1000 setting is 5x bus speed and 800 is 4x Etc...

Last edited:
Mate,

I'm about to goto bed now, but I am very concerned about the strange SPD timnigs you are seeing. AFAIK, XEROX don't make RAM!

I will try to post screenies so you can see exactly what im looking at from my end. It makes no damn sense to me either. Copier company making ram!! absurd. LOL

Last edited:
Back