• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX LL RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artimus20

Registered
just got some new Kingston HyperX Low Latency RAM for my board. when overclocked at 220x 11 = 2420, everything is fine. if i try 225fsb, i get errors like the attached, this is when running aquamark3d. i can play games still, and run Sandra 05, but any game benchmarks give me this error? i tried different RAM timings and stuff, more Vdimm. any suggestion?

Attachments

• RAM errors.JPG
    RAM errors.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 162
I've gotten this message only after clocking either my cpu or my gpu too high.... perhaps you've found the maximum for your system?

UNSTABLE, why dont you try to run Memtest in 10hrs? if found no error, that is not ram. Try to run CPU burn-in or Prime95 to check stable of CPU. The last is video card.

What kind of HyperX is it? Is it 2-3-6-2 or 2-2-5-2? I have the first one and it will only clock up to 226mhz at 2.5-3-7-3 timings. Beyond that and I get memtest errors.

rseven said:
What kind of HyperX is it? Is it 2-3-6-2 or 2-2-5-2? I have the first one and it will only clock up to 226mhz at 2.5-3-7-3 timings. Beyond that and I get memtest errors.

it's the low latency 2-2-2-5. i was expecting more than 220 fsb :(, but seems to be the wall. maybe just the board limit. i will run prime and memtest tonight to see what happens. hmm... :-/

Artimus20 said:
it's the low latency 2-2-2-5. i was expecting more than 220 fsb :(, but seems to be the wall. maybe just the board limit. i will run prime and memtest tonight to see what happens. hmm... :-/

on a side note.... I have an Asus A7N8X.... basically it robbed me of a good overclock. Stable board but not really an overclockers board. Switched to an Abit NF7 and got an additional 25mhz on the fsb with the exact same setup.

Artimus20 said:
I understand that the chps you have are most likely tccd so, you are right to expect more OC from them. Good luck.

rseven said:
I understand that the chps you have are most likely tccd so, you are right to expect more OC from them. Good luck.

ya, this RAM is tccd, and i was expecting more from it. i tried to get my hands on an NF7-S but settled for the A7NX-E Deluxe, oops... :-/

Not a bad OC for an nForce 2 ASUS ... heck, you should be happy you broke 210. :D

Don't feel too bad ... I've got a gig of BH5, and neither NF7-S I have has ever let me do over 230 stable, with the BH5 in dual channel, or one stick of CH5 in single channel. Sometimes it just comes down to luck of the draw.

I've got a set of Kingston LL TCCD right now and 265FSB seems to be max for 2.5-3-3-5. It's not great ram, but it's decent stuff and I think it's just your platform that's holding you back.

JDizzle said:
I've got a set of Kingston LL TCCD right now and 265FSB seems to be max for 2.5-3-3-5. It's not great ram, but it's decent stuff and I think it's just your platform that's holding you back.

what board are they running 265 fsb?

i tried lowering the multi to 10.5, it lets me into windows at 230fsb, but it's not stable. if i ad anymore voltage than 1.77 it gets to hot. i'm thinking of getting a 92mm tornado fan and a SLK900U heatsink. not sure how much of a difference it will make but any advantage will help :)

Artimus20 said:
Sorry but not much TCCD does over that without a whole buncha volts. Most just max out around 215 or so

Sentential said:
Sorry but not much TCCD does over that without a whole buncha volts. Most just max out around 215 or so

how much is a whole bunch? over 1.85? this means water cooling... not impossible... :)

I think Sentential meant without a bunch of voltage on the ram. My PDP XBL will do 240 2-2-2-5 w/ 3.1v. They get extremely hot though and I have to have a fan blowing over them. After I mod my PSU I will see how well it does with more voltage.

JDizzle said:
I think Sentential meant without a bunch of voltage on the ram. My PDP XBL will do 240 2-2-2-5 w/ 3.1v. They get extremely hot though and I have to have a fan blowing over them. After I mod my PSU I will see how well it does with more voltage.

oh yes. over 2.9 is impossible on this board without a RAM booster. i'm trying the "burn-in" process now, i've run one cycle and so far i've shaved 0.05 vcore off. we'll see what happens. thanks for your imput guys. :burn:

Back