• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPoX 8kta3+ & 1.4 Athlon.. grrr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiprekd

I purchased a Y code Athlon 1.4 along with an 8kta3+ MB and just installed (built) it. The BIOS seems to not support the 1.4 as it defaults (MB) at 1050mhz at 111 degrees fh with a dragon orb 3 setup. The EPoX site is lame as I've tried numberous times to get the updated BIOS but the downloads don't work.

The Bios allows up to 12.5 multiple which would of course only jump it to 1250mhz (from what it states as a default). I stepped it up to 12.5 , temp went up 3 degrees, was reasonably stable but kept getting a "overclock fail" on reboot.

This is the first time I've come across a board not supporting the CPU rating even though EPoX says it does.

Some help would be appreciated in trying to determine just what is wrong or where I went wrong...

Most bios' will default to a 100 Mhz (200) FSB. You should just be able to go into the Bios and switch it to 133, or there might be a jumper switch...

I jumped the MB CPU host clock to 133mhz (jp5 - 2/3 pin), Its default is supposedly at 100mhz on 1-2 pin.

I bought the CPU still sealed (boxed 1400mhz 266) with the Auth book but truly haven't looked at the code on the cpu itself, maybe I should have....

The Bios is a March `01 date and still tend to think it isn't supporting the 1.4, even then, it should default to 1.2 if it is even supported. If I could get a Bios update from someplace, that would be a good tell-tale right?

Forgive me, I'm still a newbie when it comes to playing the OC game....

Back