• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It just wont go past 216 !?!?!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hazmatt87

Registered
Hey everybody, I hope someone has some advice for me. The highest I can get on my system is 216FSB. Ive got the voltages on the CPU at 1.5v, the memory at 2.7v. Ive tried a 5:4 ratio on the FSB:memory, nothing. I locked the PCI and the PCIe to their defaults, still nothing. Ive loosened memory latencies, nothing. Everything is 110% stable at 216, but I cant boot at 217. All my temps are well within limits. It seems that I've hit a brick wall. :cry:

I just replaced my DFI 915P-TAG with an Abit AG8, thinking that the mobo had something to do with the problem, as the DFI was sort of cheap-o. That fact that the "wall" appears to be at the default speed for my memory makes me think that it might have something to do with the problem, but when I run it well below spec with a 5:4 ratio and it still doesnt boot (but does boot at 216FSB with the 5:4), im really wierded out. Did I get a bad CPU or what is the deal?!?!

Well your processor is only quaranteed to run at default speed so just because it doesnt OC well doesnt make it bad.

Have you tried turning dual channel off or using different slots for your memory. I know it doesnt seem like it could be the problem but its worth a try. What happens if you give it more voltage??

^^^^
My proc still doesnt boot at 1.5v and I dont want to push it much further, the Vmax for my chip is 1.55.

Im going to pull a stick of ram right now, I will see if that helps.

I played around with the memory and as expected, there is no change.

If anyone here has had a similar experience or can offer *any* tips, please do.

Back