• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV-Out connectors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sangram

I need to connect my HTPC to my TV using the TV-out port on the backplate of the videocard.

Unfortunately, a regular s-Video plug does not fit. The port resembles a S-Video port but on close inspection it is a custom type, with additional pins and the absence of a notch on the rim, ensures that only a custom type will fit. The card was an economy type, the connector was not shipped with the card.

nVidia reference boards have a regular s-Video out, I checked.

My Asus (listed below) comes with a port and its connector as a standard accessory, but the Asus connector will not fit the Leadtek card in my HTPC - the pinout is completely different.

The card is a Leadtek MX200 (enough to play DVDs on, and play some DX7 games at 800x600, really all I need the PC to do).

Can I get these custom ports easily? International ordering is a little out of my league, don't want to pay $5 for the port and $40 for shipping.

If I can't I am keen to hack up the port and mod it to a regular s-Video connector, how different are these in principle?

Or can I hardwire the cable to the board after desoldering the socket? I have good soldering skills but I'm a bit out of my depth when it comes to such complex boards with PTH and multiple layers.

Back