• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crash on games/3d apps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

Recently I've been having some major problems with my desktop...I have a GeForce 3, and I have the 21.81s and directx 8.1 installed for w2k. I can play Quake for like 2 minutes before it freezes, and i can't task manage, and if I try even open 3DMark2001 it also freezes. Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm even clocked at default at 200/460 :(

I had problems with the older directx8.1 betas. There are newer ones out (the 682 for w2k here) seem more stable, but I'm currently only using the 8.0a since nothing uses the 8.1 yet.

Get rid of the 8.1

RocknBull said:
Get rid of the 8.1 ;)

Hmmm what´s the osdd with the 8.1? I´ve just downloaded the mega 40megs 3dmark2001SE and it´s asking the 8.1 to be installe... rrr, just downloading them.... Should i keep the 8.0 and ude the 3dmark2001 non SE?
I´ve got a cely600@1008 with a radeon 7500 on it now.:eh?:

too many things in my opinion.
you should try running at stock speed at first, cpu too. look for problems on the DX installation from running dxdiag and make sure heat is not an issue.

how did the problem start?

hey Pinky, glad to have ya aboard again!

Bigsexy said:

Maybe nothing uses it - but almost every new game requires it to be installed on your system to run! :(

DX isn't just video. Although it *is* mostly video there is also sound, joystick/voice and network. With a new DX comes improvements in those too.

Back