• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92mm Tornado and xp-120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huey

Well, i bought an xp-120 and 92mm tornado, is there a way I could get 92 mm wires instead of the 120?

Thanks, if theres any other info that i should know, fill me in.

huey said:
Well, i bought an xp-120 and 92mm tornado, is there a way I could get 92 mm wires instead of the 120?

Thanks, if theres any other info that i should know, fill me in.

Not even worth the effort, send the 92mm Torndao back and get yourself a nice 120mm delta. I mean you got a XP-120 why use a fan for an XP-90. I mean if you want some cooling at that decibel rating I can show you some great 120mm fans that definately fit the bill and will bury that Tornado in performance.

It may be possible to use 82 mm clips from a slk heatsink but that may not work. Plus the hs doesn't even haves grooves for a 92 mm so I doubt that they were meant to be compatible My advice: just get a 120mm fan.

huey said:
Thanks for the help. 190 cfm? Holy ****.

Yes impressive is it not.

Old_190_Delta.JPG

Oh did I mention LOUD. But since you got a Tornado that probably isn't a problem for you.

Are you going to put this on a fan controller? I need to know this. A few of these fans will eat any fan controller on the market. I would hate for you to order one and not be able to control the speed on it. For a little peace and quiet now and again.

Do you have aim, i want to talk to you. mines smhu3y

And i will not be putting it on a fan controller. What would be the advantage of that?

I got the three blade fan, but it has a 3 pin connector, how would i go about changing it out.

you remove the pins of the 3-pin, the black and the red... get some tweezers, and stick em on the top of the pin, then give a little pressure, and pull out the two wires... then you have to attach the female fan connector pin to a 4-pin molex (red goes to yellow, black to black, the white/blue/yellow wire stays on the fan's 3-pin connector) somehow... i just slip them over so it makes contact with the 4-pin molex, but thats not the best way (btw, you need to remove the molex pin, the 4-pin molex i mean... heres a thread:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=367661
)

i can take pics of how i connected my fan pins to a molex, i forgot to earlier

Back