• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to get a T line cap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ceo@eventures-s

this might sound stupid but the T-Line i ordered from danger den didn't come with a cap so where could i get one? thanks ahead of time

well HomeDepot has some brass fitting with a cap. Just go there and ask a sale person there that you need a 1/2" ID brass fitting with cap. It cost ~ $3-$4.

I've tried the brass ones and they tend to make the tubing flop over from the weight. I bought a nylon hose barb that had one end threaded. I then searched around until I found a screw cap off a bottle that fit it. Use your imagination. There's plenty of candidates just around the house. I wound up using a cap from one of my wifes perfume bottles. It took a lot of washing to get the stink out of it first though. :)

Hoot]

I believe (I could be wrong) that Homedepot also has plastic 1/2" end caps too (could swear Ive seen em).

if you dont mind forking out some extra cash DD has a really nice cap or fill port that can be mounted on the top of your case. i think its like 14 bucks tho.

Jas said:
I believe (I could be wrong) that Homedepot also has plastic 1/2" end caps too (could swear Ive seen em).

Yup man i'm using one however their plastic is ugly and the thread for the cap is big. Its damn cheap tho. less than a $1 with cap.

Is it that like rotten egg grey color? They had some elbows Y fitting that were that gawd awful color.

Ever see those obnoxious "How do YOU use your Sharpie?" commercials?

Guess how I use mine? :D

I have a couple of systems with pen caps or even the whole pen capping the T-line.

It's ghetto but it works, at least as a temporary measure when you need something quickly.

Back