• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU-Z & P4 660

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Governator

Registered
Hi, I just plugged in a P4 660 upon my P5AD2 Premium(w/1010 bios) and so far all seems fine. However even with "SpeedStep" disabled in the BIOS, CPU-Z still reports 3600/18x initially, then immediately reverts to 2800/14x multi therafter. Other monitoring apps seem to show 3.6GHz but I'm curious why cpu-z reports in this manner, TIA...

Cheers,

Gov

Have you downloaded the newest CPU-Z revision? I noticed that the new one has fixes for the 6XX cpus, so if you haven't, you might want to download that revision.

Welcome to the forums BTW :)

mtb856 said:
Have you downloaded the newest CPU-Z revision? I noticed that the new one has fixes for the 6XX cpus, so if you haven't, you might want to download that revision.

Welcome to the forums BTW :)
Greets mtb856, thanks for the welcome and yep I'm running v1.27,

Cheers,

Gov

Hmmm, it might just be an issue with CPU-Z that they have to work out, the 6XX cpus haven't even been out more than a week yet, so I'm sure they'll have a few more revisions coming out soon.

Back