• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLZ HELP ME OUT amd 64 3400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fangster2k

Heya ive spent all day trying to figure this out this is my last desperate attempt so plz only people who know what they are talking about replie. I have recenly just bought a new system it is.

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ on socket 754 on motherboard K8M800-M2
i have 512 ram but i also have another 512 on order waiting to be delieverd
my graphics card is 6800GT 128 (this is working fine)
120gb of harddrive (partitioned into 3 different drives)

ok i have this and yet my cpu speed is at 799ghz i nearly fainted when i saw this. My HTT is set to 200 and my multiplier is set to x4 (i know this because i downloaded CPU-Z) well my friend told me i needed to raise my multipiller to like 11 but the problem is and ive checked eveywhere in BIOS (like 5 times) i cant seem to find where i can increase it ive tryed programs but it just crashes the system can anybody help me out? I might just be missing something in bios (bios or dos the one u press delete to get into on startup). The cool'n'quiet option that useually brings the cpu down is set to disabled. I have also tryed putting eveything back to default but no luck. Any ideas here would be great im only 18 and im growing grey hairs cuz of it!! cheers for help

Last edited:
you have to turn off auto multiplier select and then you should see a 4x or something that you can change.

Ok cheers do u know how i go by switching it off? And if so could u go into as much detail as possible so i get this right and dont make any mess ups. Thanks alot

Last edited:
on my motherboard (asus K8N) to set the processor multiple you go to jumperless configuration menu and then processor frequency multiplier in the bios.

usually your motherboard manual (if you have one) explains each of the bios switches. If you have one I reccommend you read through the manual and learn about how to set the cpu's multiplier

That is normal. Try to run Folding @ Home and you'll see your CPU get back up to default speed. This is just C'n'Q in action, when the computer idles, it clocks the CPU down and reduces the vcore to lower heat output and power consumption.
Go to the BIOS and look for Cool 'n' Quiet, see if you can disable it, and then check for CPU speed again in windows.

No i disabled cool'n'quite and it remained the same and im haveing a very hard time getting the bios update its a bin file and is not allowing me to open or convert it.

You have to also download a flash program, it will either flash from windows, or will require you to create a bootable floppy disk, and then flash from dos, you are not supposed to convert the BIN file into anything.

alrighty could u supply me with right link so i could get the flash program? thanks means alot

Go here And select a source where to download the "Flash Utility" and hit go, it'll get you the application you need.

DO NOT use winflash with unstable settings...winflash is a nice windows bios flash program...but the last thing you want is for windows to error out or reboot during the flash...

i really really think that its cool n quiet... are you SURE its disabled?
thats the exact clock the A64's go to with cool and quiet... try loading the cpu

Im 100% sure it was not cool'n'quite well that does not matter now anyway since my computer crashed dureing the updateing of bios which screwed that motherboard up. I have now replaced that motherbaord with a Asrock k8upgrade 1689 which runs at the right speed. This is not the end (i wish) giveing my streak of unlucky the problem with this one is when ever im in bios for a while or in a game or booting from windows xp disk it shuts down and turns itself off in 1 secound flat. :( Hey look i got grey hairs and im only 17!! wooo

Last edited:
Befor anyone says its a surge protector it is not tryed not useing it and still same my power supply is 400 watts.

Back